New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    Adiiq
    Participant

Thank you arnoldol for the email address.

@JadeWinnitt
    , even the thought of ringing them is quite terrifying but will give it a go once more to see if I could get this information from them.

KateKateKate
    Participant

Hello! Longish-time lurker, now panicker!

I’m travelling on May 25 and am waiting for two passports.

One renewal after losing a passport that’s going through Durham. Timeline:

Application being processed 12:06pm on 24 March 2022
    Identity details received 11:14am on 17 March 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 10:46am on 17 March 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 10:44am on 17 March 2022
    Application submitted 10:44am on 17 March 2022

And one first child’s passport going through Peterborough. Timeline:

Application being processed 5:03pm on 26 April 2022
    Documents received 11:16am on 6 April 2022
    Application received 11:07am on 30 March 2022
    Identity details received 11:06am on 30 March 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 10:53am on 30 March 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 2:08pm on 29 March 2022
    Application submitted 2:08pm on 29 March 2022

I’ve spent hours on the phone but am getting passed around from pillar to post. What department do I need to ask for for an upgrade? Everyone I speak to promises they’re putting me through to someone who can help and take a payment, but it feels as if I’m just being fobbed off.

Despearately need our passports to travel – it’s a non-refundable holiday – our very very first abroad.

arnoldol
    Participant

@KateKateKate I wouldn’t panic yet. It two days time you can sned the upgrade requests if you need to. More and more they seem to be coming through

KateKateKate
    Participant

Thank you, Arnodol, this is the calm I need right now! Fingers crossed.

SamFrance
    Participant

Hello! Does anyone have any advice or experience with overseas passport renewals? Living in France and renewing my sons passport and we seem to be stuck in the dreaded processing stage, we already postponed our visit to the UK at Easter and now intend to travel on the 25th May. I cannot get through on the helpline, have submitted numerous online requests and emails but no answer from anyone. Our timeline is:

23rd February- Application Submitted
    10th March documents received as per Royal Mail Tracking.
    1st April- Documents officially received by passport office (after calling repeatedly to find out what was happening)
    4th April- Processing.

I’ve emailed the upgrade team and understand we would be entitled to it (this Wednesday) because we have now surpassed 10 weeks and travel (almost) within two weeks but what is happening for overseas passports, having it dealt with 3 days before we are due to go won’t work surly unless they can print it at the British Embassy in Paris maybe? Will keep on trying to get to speak to someone but has anyone else dealt with upgrading when overseas?

claloub
    Participant

Please help! Due to travel next Monday but my sons passport only has 3 months left, sent online application and old passport to Peterborough office and they haven’t linked them yet. Also sent emails to get upgrade sat but still not had a phone call yet? What else can I do

CJames1702
    Participant

Hello Claloub

You do need to ring HMPO as well as send the email because they request a call back for you from the upgrade team as well as request you to send the evidence of travel to the correct office.

I made the mistake at first by sending email without calling. Also they will confirm which office you need to send to, because my application was originally at Newport but turns out it was then sent to Durham.

claloub
    Participant

My passport office is Newport but all paperwork been sent to Peterborough and I have called to get a call back from upgrade team since last Thursday, I have sent complaints and I have emails all travel dates PEX number contact number email address and still nothing

wanokuni
    Participant

Hi, anyone know what the best number is? I emailed the upgrade team a bit early and was just told if I need to make a new claim that I should ring the Adviceline which is 0300 222 0000. Is this the best line?

JadeWinnitt
    Participant

This is the best number 0300 123 1973 puts you straight through ring bang on 8 though I think that’s directly the progress team. They can also tell you where your passport is etc. Or call the main one option 8 then 3 that’s general but they can put you straight through

CJames1702
    Participant

Hello anyone who has received a call regarding their passport upgrade today, could you tell me when you travel so I know how long to expect or what day I should get a call? Thanks

JadeWinnitt
    Participant

I had one today and I fly Thursday

CJames1702
    Participant

Thanks jade, I fly on 17th so I probs will get a call Thursday/Friday then as I don’t think they work weekends

StayPositive1
    Participant

@arnoldol I got the exact same message and collected the passport from Peterborough today. You should also be fine. I think it’s just to let you know it’s been printed.

sickofthisnonsense
    Participant

Just to say I applied for an upgrade on 29th April as travelling 12th May (this Thursday ) and I haven’t heard anything yet. Every time I’ve phoned, I’ve been given a different story. No reply to my emails. Now 68 hours till my supposed flight…

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.