New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    ahussain
    Participant

Is peterborough passport office open tommorrow does anybody know ?? So stressful

pcjc
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I’m flying on the 5th June but only just had confirmation my passport is being ‘processed’, so I’m hoping to go through the upgrade service. I’ve been reading countless pages of this forum but wondering if anyone has a specific number or sequence of steps that got them to be confirmed for upgrading? And lots of people talk about emailing them, is there a specific upgrade email address? Also, would they do the update at a different office to the one you sent your passport too? Sorry for all the questions, any advice would be so appreciated

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by pcjc.
    nations
    Participant

You need to call the advice line on or 0300105080 call at 8AM when they open is best. You can’t request until 14 days before travel. Make sure when you are on the phone you get the automated response email to say your application has been upgraded. Send the evidence and the info they want straight away to them, then it’s a waiting game.

If you haven’t heard anything 3-4 days before travel go to your nearest passport office.

pcjc
    Participant

Thank you so much. Good luck everyone

xgemmax82
    Participant

Hi could someone tell me the email for the Belfast upgrade team pls 🙏 x

samking
    Participant
    act1980
    Participant

Can I go to any passport office regardless of which office is dealing with the application? We travel on Thursday so time is rapidly running out!

JodieLianne
    Participant

Hi. My friend sent off for her 1st passport last November. They withdrew her application as she didn’t send her mother’s full birth certificate in time. Bearing in mind they let her know 10 weeks later and she got no phone call from them. So they told her to reapply and to put a cover note in to say her own birth certificate was at Peterborough due to a previous application. So she did just that and they received her application on 17th February.

Her application is at Durham and they keep telling her they were waiting for Peterborough to send over her birth certificate. Peterborough were given a deadline and the deadline came and went. So 2 weeks ago my friend is now panicking and called and called them, to be told that they are still waiting for her birth certificate but they had upgraded her application to priority. So I told her to go buy another birth certificate and send it to Durham next day delivery which she did and she put on the envelope *Urgent Correspondence*

Durham received it at 9am on Wednesday 4th May. When she called a few days later they said it takes them 3 weeks to go through the post and get it on their system! So she told them it was urgent and that she had previously been told they upgraded her application to priority. But they were not helpful and as usual said that someone would call her back.
    Then she called on Thursday and explained she flies out in 2 weeks and they transferred her to the expedite team? She went through everything on the phone, they asked if she has proof of flying and she said yes, so they said she will get a call within 48 hours.

So I saw this website and have made her email all of the upgrade teams. Some have replied automatically saying they received it and the email is only for those that have been told to contact them etc, and others haven’t replied. She still has not had a call back so now I’m worried she’s not going to get it in time.

We fly out on Thursday May 26th. With this being her 1st ever passport surely she’d need an interview first? So with what people are saying, that they get a call 24-48 hours beforehand, will that include an interview for a 1st ever passport?

France22
    Participant

PBC
    Good luck. I would take your flight details and ID and be polite but firm. Could you not go to your nearest office?

stressedoutmum
    Participant

Is anyone travelling on Wednesday and still waiting for a call from Liverpool upgrade team?!?! Flights at 6am 😩

samking
    Participant

It’s looking like they leaving it right to the last minute

zman224
    Participant

Im also flying at 9am Wednesday morning and still haven’t received the call. Will be going to the office tomorrow morning to speak with someone

gruudboi
    Participant

Is the general recommendation that if nothing is happening on the supposed “upgrade” service that you should go to your closest passport office regardless?

For my Fiancee’s passport, I requested an upgrade on Thursday 12th since we are supposed to travel tomorrow night (Monday 16th).

I spent 3 hours and 40 minutes on the phone to the Passport Adviceline today: 1hr 20 to get the first answer, another 1h 40 waiting to get through to Progress Team, spent 5 minutes talking to “Stuart” who said that the upgrade request was registered but then gave me no other information – he was tapping away on his PC, then said “hello” and then just put me back on hold for 35 mins before I was disconnected.

We could go to Peterborough tomorrow morning if people think that would help, although the upgrade request is with the Durham Upgrade Team. I’m open to any suggestions!

samking
    Participant

I would ring at 8am straight to the progress team and if no luck then yes go to your nearest office. You applied quite late for the upgrade but wouldn’t lose hope just yet I have seen people on have gone to an office and it’s been printed there and then

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by samking.
    moore88
    Participant

Hello been waiting for my daughters 1st passport since submitting documents on the 7th of March. Docs recieved 23rd March and currently still under processing.Patiently waiting another few days so I am 2weeks before our holiday to apply for the upgrade. Original docs sent to Peterborough but nearest office is Glasgow. Can you specify which office you would like it printed at? Has anyone had success from the Glasgow office? Looking for some hopefully stories or advice x

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.