New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    arnoldol
    Participant

@moore88 my sons docs were sent to Peterborough but we live in Edinburgh. The upgrade has to be done via Peterborough. However, they printed it for collection in Glasgow. We are now currently on holiday. So it does happen

moore88
    Participant

Same situation as me then. That’s great to hear. We are Aberdeen and I would really rather collect in person as I just don’t trust the service at all now. From point of upgrade to collection how long did it take? I bet you are thoroughly enjoying your holiday now after all that stress.

Angadsingh1
    Participant

@armoldol that gives me hope. We have 12 days
    to go, trying to keep positive even though hubby has given up. After numerous calls, email to upgrade team- with automated response we’ve not heard anything. Hubby going to Durham on Tuesday to try to resolve the Matter (told him to beg for it be sorted as it’s a simple renewal) he thinks am mad- he’s very laid back!! Like you Moore88 i have no confidence in the service- it’s an absolute shamble.

moore88
    Participant

What annoys me is that they are advertising to leave 10 weeks to get your passport. That’s 10 weeks from the date your documents are scanned in. My daughters took 2.5 weeks to be scanned. They don’t count your 10 weeks until they are scanned in. I have been misinformed sooooo many times on the phone. On the positive side there are a lot of people on her who have received their passports.

PBC19
    Participant

@France22 I’m going to try London today where I live and is all else fails. I’m off to Durham tomorrow. I am so confused as my evidence is clear and my application was simply a name change, now even an expired passport either.

France22
    Participant

PBC19
    Good luck. Let us know how you get on
    I have emailed MP
    Abi Tierney
    Escalated services

ritabix
    Participant

chelsjanekait
    Participant

Hi Everyone,
    I am flying on the 19th of May (This thursday)
    I have had multiple calls from the call centre telling me I am past 10 weeks and then getting cut off, calling back and being told I’m still within ten weeks. My flight home (one way ticket – dual citizenship, going back home to South Africa) is booked so I sent an email to the Liverpool upgrade team – I just got an automated response, not an acknowledgement of travel date etc.

I sent my application on the 28th of Feb, they received my documents (passport renewal) on the 30th of March and it has been in the application is being processed stage since then.

I have packed up everything, my accommodation is expiring on the 17th, I am staying with a friend until the 19th – I am really starting to panic now. Is there anything else I can do? I am going to the London passport office on Wednesday. (I have been calling everyday since last week, I have been on hold for 32 minutes already this morning)

Counttoten
    Participant

Hi,
    Just like to say thanks to amber9514 for her post on the 12th May, I phoned the number this morning at 8am got through pretty quick and was eligable for the upgrade (we travel in less than 2 weeks time). I was told to email belfast upgrade team with details of travel etc. which I’ve just done so I guess It’s just a waiting game with everything crossed.
    Has anyone else had to deal with the Belfast office? whats your experiences?

samking
    Participant

I’ve had the call, picking my daughters passport up today. We fly Sunday so we’ll within time. So happy

PBC19
    Participant

I called the main line early this morning and asked for the processing team, was put through to a nice lady who put my upgrade in again for me when I’ve been told for 10 days I had to do this myself. I then got the post room email asking for my evidence and then Durham acknowledged with the generic we’ve noted your date email but with my actual date in the body of the email.

Fingers crossed I get a call today else I am up to Durham tomorrow. I’ll keep the forum posted.

hreeve3
    Participant

I am due to fly on Wednesday and I am still waiting for the call. Is there anything I should do to help the process. I have sent 3 emails and called up a few times. Should I go to the office in person. My passport has just been printed.

stressedoutmum
    Participant

@hreeve3 I’m also waiting for my call as I fly Wednesday too! Hanging on to the last bit of hope!!!

moore88
    Participant

Good luck hope you guys get the call. As anyone heard from someone on the phone that there 1st child’s passport photo has been rejected. A agent informed me for the 1st time on Thursday. Apparently this was noted on the 14th of April but not on the tracker or communicated to me in anyway. Went and got new photos in a panic to be told by another agent the originals are fine and can’t see an issue. Hold tight until I can upgrade? Very confused??

zman224
    Participant

Just been told by London office upgrade has seen my request and I’ve just got to wait , extremely nervous I’m supposed to fly Wednesday morning for a massive catering job 🙏

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.