New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 766 through 780 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    leesa160
    Participant

Was your tracker updated??? I’m obsessed with checking mine 🙈🙈

leesa160
    Participant

Ah that’s fab news 🙌🏼

xfxrxhx
    Participant

Tracker Wasn’t updated until after the call.

leesa160
    Participant

Ah ok….. I need to stop bloody checking mine 🙈

xfxrxhx
    Participant

Haha I know the feeling.

Fran98
    Participant

Hello! Does anyone know if this service is still operating? travelling on the 3rd of June! so stressful! Thank you!

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Fran98.
    StolenPassports
    Participant

We are travelling on 2 June and literally are stuck in limbo. Passports were stolen on holiday. Came back to the UK on 2 May, applied for replacements on 4 May. Have emailed the upgrade team with the email address someone kindly posted this morning. I’ve received an auto acknowledgment but now desperately on the hold to try and get someone to take payment for a fast track because we are meant to depart 2 weeks today and I’m afraid they will ignore us as that is all we have experienced so far!

Does anyone know the reality of fast tracking at the moment?

Sending virtual hugs to everyone in the same boat

Rub_03hen
    Participant

Some hope for people still waiting. My daughters passport arrived Tuesday! Once it got to two weeks before my travel date I called asking for an upgrade. I spoke to a numerous helpful people who all said I needed to speak to the progress team and they would then call with the email address. Spoke to them last Tuesday, I emailed everything over as soon as I got off the phone and got the automated response. On the Friday I got another standard email saying they had received my upgrade request then on Saturday it changed to printed! I had not received a call from the Upgrade team to say it had been approved or to collect payment. I called again on Monday as I had been told I would be able to collect from an office but was told by two people this wasn’t possible once it’s changed to printed. Luckily this was not an issue as the next day it arrived 🙂

Long story short, try be patient, try not clog up the inboxes with numerous emails. It’s so frustrating but they seem to be doing everything they can to get them out on time.

Before the progress team called I had been on hold for ages and got caught off a few times and the next person put me through to ‘Customer service management team’ not sure if that helped get them to call back quicker!

Application history

Passport printed 8:30am on 14 May 2022
    Application approved 1:39pm on 12 May 2022
    Documents received 8:59am on 25 April 2022
    Application received 8:34am on 13 April 2022
    Identity details received 8:33am on 13 April 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 8:57pm on 12 April 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 7:52pm on 12 April 2022
    Application submitted 7:52pm on 12 April 2022

StolenPassports
    Participant

Also, we were advised to submit a comprehensive cover letter with what happened to us including documents. We did exactly that only to be told we have compromised our position and should not have sent any documents at all as our passports were stolen. My advice to anyone in this boat (now or in the future) do not send any docs for a stolen passport, just submit your application because we have been told, repeatedly that ‘we have compromised our position’ to have an upgrade as they need to scan our documents and then deal with our application and time is not on our side. Our thoughts – they can ignore the documents as they are irrelevant. After speaking to some other members of staff on the helpline they said they can process without the assessing the docs but this took a lot of to-ing and fro-ing. Hopefully this helps someone.

Fran98
    Participant

Hello! What a shame! Wish I had more info but haven’t put in for an upgrade yet I hope this gets sorted for you! Where could I find the email address? Virtual hugs back 🙂

StolenPassports
    Participant

Hi @Fran98 – thank you.

Somebody posted the following earlier:

‘PeterboroughUpgradeTeam@hmpo.gov.uk – Just change the name of the office you want to send it to… mark it URGENT with flight date. Add you ref numbers, phone number and a pdf attachment of your booking… good luck x’

Fingers crossed you have some luck.

Does anyone know if the upgrade team can start the fast track before payment, or after payment. It’s the payment issue that is worrying me now. Never been so desperate to spend before! Even my husband is willing to give me his debit card and that’s a rare thing! ha

Fran98
    Participant

Thanks so much! x Just spoke to someone on the phone and they said you can’t upgrade if you’ve lost your passport (which I have!) but I’m not sure she knew what she was talking about! Anyone else heard the same? x

Thanks guys!

Cat22
    Participant

Oh no! Don’t say that. I am in the same boat. Currently at 7 weeks waiting for a replacement of a lost passport and I have been pinning all my hopes on getting it fast tracked. Please update us if you find out any more.
    We never got a lost passport reference number which is also stressing me out

AnnaK
    Participant

That’s such BS. I’ve lost my passport and need it ASAP and been told over the phone to request an upgrade.

Fran98
    Participant

Rubbish isn’t it! I was calling prospectively/theoretically if you see what I mean as I haven’t put in for an upgrade yet, so you might get better info conatcting the upgrade team directly! Let me know if you hear anything! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 766 through 780 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.