New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 886 through 900 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    Gemzy
    Participant

I’ve seen people getting a call day before to collect. Are u local to Peterborough, if not make sure when they call u ask for it to be printed to one near you so you can collect. We fly Thurs, also waiting on a call! Good luck!

Gemzy
    Participant

Yes I was told the same too, that it’s discretionary! 🙁 We travel on thurs, I dont think you’ll be getting a call until 48 hrs before, that’s what theyre working to at the moment. We fly Thurs and so expect a call tmrw or Wed, fingers crossed! I’ve had a long two week wait! arghh

paigebates91
    Participant

My fingers are crossed for you , and for everyone that we all manage to get sorted 🤞🏻

Brentmeister2k
    Participant

Had my call from upgrade team, travel is wed 25/05, offered me collection tomorrow, however I have an already rearranged work appointment tomorrow that I cannot shift so they are going to post it out to me.

I can rearrange our flights by a few days to early next week and we should receive by post comfortably by then.

Feel like I a weight has been lifted.

paigebates91
    Participant

I’m so pleased for you having read your thread and only you saying you don’t think it’s going to happen a few hours later a huge turn around , gives me huge hopes …

gradders
    Participant

Well I’ve just been sent into another blind panic – I sent my upgrade email on Saturday and have had an auto reply but I’ve read on a Facebook group that they’re only granting upgrades to people who applied 6 weeks ago whether or not they’re 2 weeks away from their travel date. My anxiety is going into overdrive!!

Gemzy
    Participant

Excellent, gives me hope for tomorrow!! 👏

Jules66
    Participant

I sincerely hope not! That will rule me out too. They need to recognise that there will always be cases where passports are required urgently and if appointments aren’t available within 3 weeks then people have no option but to submit a standard application and then go for upgrade! I rang this morning and the lady said my application was all fine and I should send the upgrade email as soon as the documents are marked as received. Currently taking up to 11 working day to scan and update. She didn’t mention this at all!

passportworries
    Participant

I have been waiting just over 10 weeks for my passport now. Its been sitting in the processing stage since 22 April. Travelling in 9 days time to the US and I am worried that even if I did receive the passport on the day of travel I worry I won’t have enough time to apply for the visa and do the required covid test! I have been emailing all the upgrade email addresses and calling non stop to get this over the line. I have now gotten my MP involved. Such a frustrating and stressful process when it shouldn’t be. I am at my wits end now!

gxm158
    Participant

We fly Thursday 26th May and still waiting for my son’s renewal, which is now 9 weeks in the system. The upgrade team did acknowledge my travel date, but I have emailed my MP, called HMPO so many times I have lost count.
    My brother in law and a friend of the family got their renewals in 3 weeks which shows there is zero logic to their processes.
    My anxiety is through the roof at the moment, we have to organize a PCR for my son which I cannot organize until the passport is in my hand. I am trying to remain positive but this is honestly just a shambles and I am losing hope!

PASSPBenjamin
    Participant

Old passports arrived today. Does anyone know when the new ones get delivered ? Flights in a few days hopefully they come soon.

doomkittycleo
    Participant

I finally got the call from the upgrade team on Friday. They said my passport will be sent Royal Mail 48 hour tracked.

The tracker has said printed since Saturday, I haven’t had any tracking details yet.

When do you think it will have been dispatched? Saturday or today?

londonben85
    Participant

@doomkittycleo- when do you fly? I fly Saturday morning and still awaiting call from Liverpool upgrade team. Application been in since March 2nd, and processing for 6 weeks!!

gradders
    Participant

This is the email that the person received:

Dear Customer,
    We have reviewed the information you sent us. As
    you have not included any evidence to show you
    need a passport in the next 2 weeks and/or your
    application was not submitted at least 6 weeks ago,
    we are unable to upgrade your application.
    Your application will continue to be processed using
    our standard service. If you have evidence to show
    you need a passport in the next 2 weeks and you
    submitted your application at least 6 weeks ago, you
    should send us this now.
    If your circumstances change, you should submit a
    new request by calling the Adviceline on 0300 222
    0000. The Adviceline is available from 08:00am to
    6:00pm Monday to Friday, and 09:00am to 5:30pm
    weekends and public holidays (UK time). We can
    only consider upgrade applications when
    evidence shows a need for a passport in the next
    2 weeks and the application was submitted at
    least 6 weeks ago.
    You can track your application at
    http://www.passport.service.gov.uk/track/reference

Jules66
    Participant

Fantastic! Doesn’t sound very positive at all.

Viewing 15 posts - 886 through 900 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.