New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 901 through 915 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    paigebates91
    Participant

I think it’s more the evidence than anything that’s the first I’ve heard about the 6 weeks thing and for people like myself that have lost a passport , I put in my application on the 21st April that’s still not 6 weeks I have hope 🤞🏻🤞🏻

wanokuni
    Participant

Applied for urgent upgrade with help of progress team 5 days ago, travel in 6 days but yet to hear anything. I haven’t emailed them or called since because I don’t like the idea of pestering them with calls and emails. That being said should I email them today with the same thing or call Wednesday to ask for an update? I need to know as soon as not just for passport reasons but also because travelling to Peterborough is a long journey for me. And I need to give work notice

gareth198115040
    Participant

Hi all. First of all ive been told it doesn’t matter what office your application is at they can all access it and it can be printed at any office.

Has anyone actually turned up at an office and got anywhere?????

My story in short applied for 5 passports. Wifes/2 boys all renewals first came back after 2 weeks last after 6

Two new passports for 3rd son and daughter daughters came back after 7 weeks sons is still saying they don’t have his documents as they had been filed under my daughters with hers. Called so many times over last 6 weeks told it would be looked into and they would just get his document from hers after weeks nothings been done I’ve recently found out its pointless calling the numbers as there just call centres and tell you what you want to her to get rid of you. We travel Saturday and i emailed every upgrade office and other emails also my MB as i was advised ive had a response from most and my MB is looking into it. My worry is they will call to say they will upgrade but cant as dont have his documentation im hoping they will then say i can take that to my nearest office and they will do it all whilst there but not holding my breath. The frustrating thing is if when i spoke with someone 6 weeks ago actually knew what they were doing they could have said send in new documents.

Worriedtraveller45
    Participant

Has anyone else had the infuriating automatic being cut off once you have been on the phone and on hold for 2 hours on the passport advice line? I was just speaking to someone as been waiting since February the 4th for my partner’s passport and got cut off because of that 2 hour thing. Was told that anyone waiting for a passport urgently is that you will get a call from the upgrade team no later than 72 hours before your due to fly to get your passport sorted out. Don’t know if they are guaranteeing that given what it’s been like trying to get any truthful information out of them

stressedoutmum5
    Participant

Yes more than once been cut off. It is infuriating.
    I have been told something different every time I’ve called.
    I have got 72 hours to go now and haven’t had any contact with them. Was only told about the upgrade possibility on Thursday 7 days before our travel. Even though I must have had over 10 phonecalls that week.

vikkilee22
    Participant

I’m now at my whitts end, Anybody else had this, my passport is actually with Peterborough so sent the email to them which I got a reply saying we will contact you in time for your flight date, this was done on my main email address, previous to this I had sent the upgrade to all the upgrade teams which was done before my 2 weeks on a different email, I’ve now had an auto reply from the Glasgow office saying I can’t have an upgrade because my application wasn’t admitted 6 weeks ago or wasn’t within the 2 weeks. Bearing in mind I hadn’t sent the proper confirmation on this e mail and wasn’t within my 2 weeks. Do I take this as the upgrade won’t happen or carry on thinking Peterborough will continue my upgrade. 4 days till I fly I think it’s time to give up

mellyowen
    Participant

Hi everyone I just wanted to comment to tell everyone not to give up or loose hope. We fly in 9 days (1st of June) and tonight I got my call from the upgrade team and the hubby is collecting passports tomorrow! X

gareth198115040
    Participant

Im happy for you but not sure how that works when they say they do it in date order of travel i travel on the 28th and not had a call.

londonben85
    Participant

With you on that Gareth, I also fly on the 28th and no sign of any call for me!! @mellyowen which upgrade team was dealing with yours?

Brentmeister2k
    Participant

I think this is where different offices / upgrade teams have different backlogs

gareth198115040
    Participant

I’ve emailed all of them as advised as they are all linked and it doesn’t matter where your documents are any office can see them once filed. Also emailed my MP who is chasing up.

mellyowen
    Participant

I did get in touch with my local MP again today and they chased it up so maybe that had something to do with it? It’s Peterborough who have been dealing with it. They’ve had the applications for 9 weeks, don’t know if it makes a difference when they were submitted x

Jules66
    Participant

I’m guessing the new 6 week rule puts an end to the hope of the upgrade team calling if we’re still within that time, regardless of travel date?

mellyowen
    Participant

Have they changed it from 4 weeks since you applied to 6 weeks now? X

mellyowen
    Participant

@gareth198115040 I did the same and emailed every upgrade team the same email but Newport replied back and said that as the applications went to Peterborough I would need to liaise with them and sort the upgrade.

Viewing 15 posts - 901 through 915 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.