New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 976 through 990 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    Gemzy
    Participant

@wanokuni yes just take what Id you have, birth certificate, bank cards whatever you have.

No payment was taken

Cat22
    Participant

@wanokuni that’s what I have been worried about too. Not only didn’t other half loose his passport but he has also lost his driving licence card. So how will we prove id. Needless to say I will be taking the new passport straight off him when it arrives!

Brightonnik
    Participant

Just collected my passport from London for travel tomorrow. Large line of people waiting to go into main passport office but the guy on the door was insistent that unless you had an appointment you wouldn’t be seen.

marylondon
    Participant

I applied for my husband and two children passports on 9th May, we are due to travel on Sunday (I know, I know!)

I had previously tried for three weeks to get an appointment to no avail and pretty much resigned myself to the holiday not happening and posted of applications in the hope we would get them back in time to travel for the summer holidays.

Then, last week, someone mentioned the upgrade service! My hopes were raised again and I decided to give it a bash! I emailed all Information to the Durham address, and put a note on there that I was prepared to travel to any passport office in the country to collect. Obviously, I don’t qualify for an upgrade as application not six weeks old, but the last I spoke to said discretion would be used and there was a chance.

Had a call yesterday from passport office. I still don’t know why, she took all my info and said there was no update. I asked her why she had called me and she said there was a note in the system to call me???

I don’t know what to think at this stage. I am prepared to pay any amount of money and travel anywhere. Is it worth calling, e-mailing? Turning up at passport office (my nearest is London Victoria). Any advice appreciated. Equally, if anyone wants to tell me to stop dreaming and I am def not going on holiday, I will take that too!

wanokuni
    Participant

@Gemzy

Did you also get texts saying that you’ll be contacted for delivery? I’m a bit confused since I was told I’m just collecting but I’m getting texts suggesting it’s being delivered?

Gemzy
    Participant

@wanokuni Yes I did even though we were collecting. Have u had a call now or just texts?

wanokuni
    Participant

@Gemzy

Excellent, got the call whilst I was in Tesco haha.

Gemzy
    Participant

@marylondon go to your nearest office on Friday earliest you can, they should be able to help if within 48hrs of travel. We did this and got passport yesterday for travel tomorrow! 🙂

marylondon
    Participant

@Gemzy

My nearest passport office is London, but lots of people saying you can’t get in there without an appointment. Is the London office different to the others?

Can I ask when you first submitted your application?

Gemzy
    Participant

@marylondon you could try Peterborough where we went, it’s not far from train station if you get a train from London. We didn’t have an appointment but they have an enquiries queue and that’s where we got some help, I’d try and go if you can. We applied 2nd Apr

marylondon
    Participant

@Gemzy Thank you. Yes, I think I’ll give Peterborough a go on Friday morning. Although, your application was submitted well before mine! But I’ll try it! Thank so much

lizzieB
    Participant

Ive found RBI’s process so stressful its not even funny.
    Travel date – 26 May!

26 March – submitted passport application for a renewal
    Beginning of May – started chasing for updates.
    16 May – referred to Durham upgrade team
    18 May – I didnt hear back within 48 hours so chased. Receiver auto response confirming receipt and will try and meet my travel rage. Applications are done by date order (apparently)
    Mon 23-today – me calling several times daily asking where passport is as im due to travel in days!!!!!! I keep being told that its marked as urgent and theres alerts placed for the case handler.
    Today – head down to the London passport office around half 12 ish as nobody is calling me back and I cant just wait. I travel tomorrow.

No real queue at the office and the person helping me could basically see that there were urgents and alerts all over my file but Durham hadn’t told London to print. London contacts Durham.

I sit and wait and maybe 20-30 mins later Durham calls me to tell me they’re pressing print right now and to collect at half 4.

Im relived but the he last week and the half has been way too stressful not to mention ive had to leave the office come down, im heading back now and will pick up tomorrow morning.

Good luck to all of you waiting. This forum really helped me in terms of info and stuff.

lizzieB
    Participant

U can get in. I just walked in BUT, mine was super urgent as im travelling tomorrow. Also when I left there wasn’t a queue. And what queue there is people collecting passports so it moves very quick.

JodieLianne
    Participant

Update on my friend.

Travelling tomorrow.

She got a call yesterday morning from the upgrade team and said as it’s her very 1st passport she’ll need an interview on teams. They said she’d get it by 3.30pm yesterday or 11.30am the latest today in order for her to pick her passport up at 3.30pm today.

She didn’t get the call or an email with teams link.

She’s travelling a 2-hour trip to Peterborough now to see if they can help.
    Not looking hopeful 🙁 But keeping everything crossed!

Tictarry33
    Participant

Hello everyone.
    I’m at bit of a loss here. I am due to travel on the 1st of June, sent my application in on the 24th of March and the passport has been processing since the 5th of April. Ladtb Wednesday I contacted the durham update team as I was made aware of it and send in an email with proof of travel and got the automated response saying I’d hear back within 48 hours, it has been an entire week and the only call backs I’m getting is from the advice line, everytime I phone and get through I get told, “we’re no longer going by the 48 hours and you just have to wait for a phone call,” but the call has not come. Stressed is not even the word

Viewing 15 posts - 976 through 990 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.