New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,156 through 1,170 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    jpizzle88
    Participant

To the person asking about the Jubilee closure – I would go on saturday, they should still see you and be able to help! I would maybe go very early tho just to be sure!

DanielleD – You dont need much, just take a form of ID to be able to collect your passport (and your old one if you have it as they ask for this back in cases of renewal etc…) I would also take proof of travel as well and note your PEX number. Be prepared for a long stressful day but you will be seen and as i have said the managers are very helpful just bear with them! You will just wait outside the door in a queue but make sure you show up at the front as i couldnt believe my luck when i turned up to find noone there. Then i was told to join the queue at the front!

Take the correct clothing as they will not let you inside no matter how much you complain. If the security guard that tells jokes is there, just grit your teeth as he doesnt know how to read a crowd!

🙂

Cat22
    Participant

Looking for some clarification on the 48 hour window.
    Resigning myself to going to Peterborough 48 hours before we fly on the 18th June. My question is that if we don’t fly until 5pm on Sat 18th will i be seen if i arrive early hours on Thursday? – how strict are they (that’s within two days but not technically 48 hours)?
    Am i just over thinking this? Have i lost all grip on reality?

Cat22
    Participant

Also what ID do you need to collect your passport? My other half doesn’t have a photo driving license? Would proof of address do?

jpizzle88
    Participant

Cat22 – dont take it too literal. As long as its 2 days before youll be fine. I used a drivers license so i cant comment on what other ID they will accept, i would take proof of address and anything you may possibly find with a picture of your other half and his name.

Good luck!

cairny007
    Participant

I travel on Saturday morning , if I show up to my local passport office on Wednesday would they still see me outwith the stated 48 hours before the flight considering they will be closed Thursday and Friday

danielled
    Participant

My application and passport is at Peterborough office and it’s 5 weeks 1 day with them not moved since so I don’t have the passport to take

This is so stressful! Thanks for the advice

lauraisadragon
    Participant

Dear God. We are due to fly on Friday morning. We are waiting for my daughter’s passport, applied for early March. I submitted evidence of scheduled travel to the Belfast Upgrade Team last week. This afternoon , I’ve received an email saying our upgrade request has been denied as we do not meet the criteria! (Criteria being we applied more than six weeks ago, as we supply evidence of scheduled travel). We DO meet the criteria! What on earth can we do? Please, has anyone got any advice at all?

adz93
    Participant

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck upgrading prior to hitting 6 weeks. We are due to fly on the 12th and waiting on my sons first passport. This situation is so damn so stressful. Have also been waiting for a call from the upgrade team since last Friday..

Any help would be much appreciated

bugs1987
    Participant

I finally have both my childrens passports! As promised by the Glasgow upgrade team my sons was delivered this morning and I still hadn’t heard from Peterborough upgrade team about my daughters so I decided to drive there today. I arrived around 1.30pm and there was a queue. A man came out and was asking people questions and wanted proof of travel in the next 2 days and proof of application. I was taken in the building and given a slip. Sat there around 10 minutes and was called.
    She saw my daughters application has been sent to Liverpool and she called them. They approved it and Peterborough printed it. At around 4.40 I got the text so went to the collection point and it was there waiting. So happy and so grateful to the
    Peterborough office, first for seeing me and second for sorting it and me being able to leave today with it in hand!

adz93
    Participant

Great to hear. I had to send my sons birth certificate to Glasgow so assuming his passport would be done there.. how long ago did you apply?

passportheadache
    Participant

I went peterborough, same issue one at durham one at peterborough. Said she would get the ball rolling with peterborough one and il get a call. She couldnt get through to durham team at all so she said il send an urgent email. Still no call! I will be going back as fly on thursday hopefully

paigebates91
    Participant

Couldn’t get hold of Durham ? Is that to try and process the other one ?
    Mine is with Durham 🙁 and we are suppose to be flying Sunday … did she say what happens if she couldn’t get hold of them or didn’t respond ?

passportheadache
    Participant

She tried calling theough to the durham office hut this was around 3.30-4pm so either they had gone home or on break. Told me she would email them an urgent email also to the managers…
    Still not had a call from peterborough let alone Durham

paigebates91
    Participant

Owwwww I really hope you get a call and they sort it for you , what I don’t understand is I thought no matter what office they have access to the application and can see the documents ect to approve it … this is making me so on edge xx

bugs1987
    Participant

From what I gathered with my daughters being at Liverpool was that Peterborough had to contact them to release it to Peterborough. They couldn’t approve it but could see the details. But once approved, any office can print it.
    For reference, I applied on the 11th April so 7 weeks 1 day ago. We fly on Thursday.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,156 through 1,170 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.