New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,171 through 1,185 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    paigebates91
    Participant

What time was you there from at Peterborough and managed to get seen was it quite late in the day ?

gnatalie16
    Participant

My nephews passport has been waiting in being processed state since 26th March. Called last week and raised urgent upgrade but still heard nothing a week later. Going to head to Peterborough tomorrow and just hope they can help as we fly Saturday morning. Its for a family wedding and its making us all so stressed worrying if he will be able to come or not. Really hope they are in a helpful mood tomorrow

bugs1987
    Participant

I arrived at Peterborough around 1.30pm. Was seen really quickly and picked the passport up at 5.

cheeza
    Participant

Hi does anyone have all the email addresses for the upgrade offices …due to fly on Monday

adz93
    Participant

I’ve still not received a call back from upgrades and was wondering did anyone receive a response sooner after emailing?

passportheadache
    Participant

You so lucky bugs, i got there at 2:20 and was seen around 3 and told wont get them today…
    Still no call despite going to the office today

bugs1987
    Participant

I feel incredibly lucky. The man checking the queue was quite abrupt and told me I’d have to collect it tomorrow but the lady inside was fantastic and assured me I’d get it today. I’m so grateful I got a nice lady helping. It was cutting it fine as the last printed batch came to the collection point at 4.50.
    Keeping everything crossed you get some news soon!

PassportWorry
    Participant

Can anyone give me some more information about the upgrade service? How do I get the process started, what is the process like, did your passport arrive in time for travel? I’ve been waiting 7 weeks and go on holiday in 3, so decent chance I will have to use the upgrade service.

On that note, is there any way to find out which office is dealing with my passport? I’d be happy to go wherever in person to try and get this sorted if I can.

Thanks

PassportWorry
    Participant

Can I ask how you managed to put in an upgrade request more than 2 weeks before you were due to travel?

Cat22
    Participant

You can ask on the online chat which office is currently processing your application. Though I would check near when you will apply for upgrade as I have been told it can change.

bugs1987
    Participant

It can change. My daughters was at Peterborough. I sent her old passport there, and when I requested the upgrade, the email they sent with how to upgrade had Peterborough’s upgrade email. When I was at Peterborough yesterday, she told me for some reason it was now in Liverpool! She couldn’t figure out why it had changed.

PassportWorry
    Participant

Thanks for the responses.

Another question for anyone who has used the upgrade service – at what point in the process do you pay, and how much is it?

My passport will hit 10 weeks a couple of days before we fly, so I’m weighing up whether it’s worth just paying now for the upgrade for peace of mind.

Cat22
    Participant

You apply for the upgrade 2 weeks before travel by phone and then you should get an email from the upgrade team telling them what to put in an email to them (inc flight confirmation). My understanding is that you only pay for the upgrade if it is successful. They will take payment by phone.

Personally i would not assume that it will arrive before you fly and apply for the upgrade as in your case you will have been waiting more than 6 weeks. (I am on over 9 weeks since applying with no movement)

rachimus23
    Participant

Hi everyone, this forum has been an absolute godsend. I have a question if anyone can help – I’ve hit my 14 days before travel today (13 days until I need the passport in my hands)

For context – I called 01633 285419 (believe this is the Newport number) on Monday 30th, I got straight through but she said I had to call back today (1st June) as they process the upgrade referral on a system and the referral will be auto rejected if it’s done more than 14 days before travel. She said I would then be told/receive an email telling me the email address for the appropriate upgrade team and what details to send them.

My question – I am now on hold to the same number, as advised, but it’s been 2 hours and I haven’t got through. Can I go ahead and just email every upgrade team email address I’ve seen on here to start the process myself? Or does it HAVE to be preceded by the system referral from an internal team first to actually get in the queue?

Happy to sit on hold, but just wondering if it’s worth sending the email off and banking a few extra hours in the queue!

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

gnatalie16
    Participant

Currently at the Peterborough office where we have been since 9.30 and just managed to get in to be seen for my nephews passport as we fly on Saturday. Hoping for some good news shortly in that we can get the passport printed today. Its one of the most stressful things.

To add a good note my cousin came here the same today and has been told he can collect his at 12.30 after being seen earlier.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,171 through 1,185 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.