New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,426 through 1,440 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    andytyke76
    Participant

Applied beginning of may for daughters passport. all got processed and printed and all was good until the currier decided to ignore signes not to use the letter box and to use the mail box next to the door. He fed the brand new passport to our dogs and we were back to square only only this time 4 weeks later.

Applied 27th May, old damaged passport received 3rd june, nothing since. fly to mexico in exactly 2 weeks time, currently trying to get through on phone to management team. very worried.

holly1234_
    Participant

@travel2022 we didn’t make an appointment and none of the other people did just turn up in the morning and they will see you.

@nonum
    it’s 10 weeks from when you submitted the application.

holly1234_
    Participant

@pavel81 I would say go to where the documents are as everyone in the queue turned up there because that’s where their documents were. I think it would be the best bet as it’s being so close to flying. A few people said they don’t print the passports on a Saturday I’m not sure if that is true but with the large numbers of people needing then I’m sure they are.

csy30006
    Participant

My husband turned up at Peterborough for 7:15am and there were about 30 people ahead of him. When they opened, they organised the queue by people who were flying first so people behind him were able to jump ahead if they were flying out sooner. Those who turned up later were able to go ahead of him too.
    When he got to the front, the Upgrade team called him and said if he paid £90, they were able to print the passport at Peterborough for him to collect. This was a massive relief as we weren’t sure whether it was already in the post or printed in Durham where the application went to.

StephieC
    Participant

@csy30006, you would get a text if the passport has been printed, ours was printed the following day after being approved, then royal mail next day delivery to us.

screamer
    Participant

going to the passport office is ok if you’re near by, i’m the east coast of Scotland and my passport is in Belfast

tomcarter11
    Participant

hi guys, probably joining in on the pile of moaning comments haha, i ordered my new passport, reported a stolen passport in november but only just got around to ordering a new one on the 2nd may and i fly away on july 1st. i’ve had no progress on my application since the day i applied and phoning the office has been little to no help, i’ve been put forward to the upgrade but had nothing in 5 days. i just want some clarity on whether i’m wasting my time constantly refreshing my phone for an update. what are my options, i can drive to liverpool no problem if that’s a way of getting a passport. thanks!

saphron101
    Participant

My boyfriend is on 11 weeks now flying july 5th – made the call on Monday who advised emailing upgrade team and 72 hour wait for call back. No call so he rung again – same answer. His application was online how do you know where your passport is for him to try going there? Liverpool is the closest. Also for people just turning up days before flight with application in progress (his was stolen) do you have to take any other documents? thanks in advance

Rachy40
    Participant

@saphron101

When you speak to a member of the Progress Team or Customer Services Management you can ask them which office is dealing with your application and they will confirm that for you.

As far as I understand it, you need to take proof of booking for your upcoming flight with you when queuing.

Hope this helps!

tomcarter11
    Participant

i’m going to head to liverpool for 7am monday/tuesday and pray that they can sort it out for me, last ditch attempt for me as the stress im going through is ridiculous.

vsn22
    Participant

Can anyone list the documents you need to carry when you go directly to the passport office?

Do I need print out of tickets? How do I show them that I have been waiting for more than 6 weeks? Can I show them by logging into the website on my mobile?

If the passport is for my child, do I have to take them with me? Or can I go by myself?

Would they ask for my identity? If so, would a driving license be sufficient?

Eskimo32
    Participant

Looking for a bit of advice, am starting to panic! Live in Belfast, daughter’s renewal sent to Bootle in April with documents received 4th May. When I logged in the day after the application was made online to see if documents had been received I realised I had entered the wrong year of birth on her application – phoned and was advised to send a letter clarifying the mistake and it would be logged with her application. Did this, still sitting on documents received.

Due to travel to the US on 26th July and can’t apply for ESTA’s until we get her passport. Am confused about my options, or if I even have any at this stage. We fly to the US on a Tuesday, would I have to book a flight and travel to Bootle to try and sort her application out there or can I approach the Belfast office? All her documents were sent off with her application so should I order a new birth certificate for the Belfast office? We stand to lose a huge amount of money, was supposed to be holiday of a lifetime for us, saved for years to afford it. Am hardly sleeping worrying about it and so annoyed at myself for making such a stupid mistake. Any help would be much appreciated

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Eskimo32.
    Rachy40
    Participant

@Eskimo32

I’m not 100% sure, but from reading everyone’s experiences on here over the past few weeks, if I were you I would wait until you’re over the 10 weeks from application submission mark and then queue up at Belfast.

I think if you’re over 10 weeks there’s a good chance they’ll see you, even if your flight isn’t within 48 hours, which seems to be the general criteria for approaching the offices if you’ve only applied 6 weeks ago for example.

I’m planning to go to Peterborough next Saturday (we are supposed to be flying on Tuesday 5th) and I’ll be taking my son’s birth certificate just in case. Best to be on the safe side!

I’m sorry I don’t have any definitive answers and I hope you get everything sorted out in time!

rhysj16
    Participant

What is the Phone number I need to contact for this flying in two weeks fast service?

Also the relevant email address please?

HamishBert
    Participant

My partner applied for his passport at the beginning of April and we are travelling on the 28th June.

We struggled to get any help via the advice line and the upgrade team never got back to us. However, as a last resort on Friday he travelled from London to Durham Passport Office where his passport was being processed. When he arrived there were two separate queue lines, one for appointments and a general queue. As he didn’t have an appointment he had to go in the general queue, it took approximately 3-4hrs to be seen.

Once he got to the front desk, the lady he spoke to was very helpful and as he travelled from London during the train strikes she pushed to get it printed that same day but there was no guarantee. Thankfully he waited around all day and managed to pick his passport up at 5pm.

We are so relieved and can finally look forward to flying on Tuesday! Durham passport office team were really helpful, friendly and want to help!

If you do decide to go to the passport office please be aware you will need to bring proof of ID and a copy of your flight confirmation/holiday booking.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,426 through 1,440 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.