New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,441 through 1,455 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    allinginge
    Participant

I am currently waiting on an upgrade call back as we travel next thursday but just planning for desperation next week if nothing has happened

The application is with Durham but our local office is London – which one should we turn up to 48 hours before? and what do we need to bring – i was planning ID, proof of travel and signed photos anything else?

Leahungless10
    Participant

Does anyone know how much it costs for the upgrade when they call you?

SBen2210
    Participant

@allingine I also fly next Thursday. I’m currently at 9 weeks and 1 day now since I applied for my replacement passport. Did you email the upgrade team Thursday just gone? I had to resend my email again on Saturday as I didn’t receive the automated response from the Liverpool Upgrade Team, so I’m praying I get a call back today.

connor2597
    Participant

Just had my upgrade call, after being put through 5 different operators, giving false information, cut off multiple times I was finally able to send off my upgrade email on Saturday, after waiting 48 hours was contacted promptly by someone this morning very professional confirmed everything for me told me all was left was to be transferred for payment after being put on hold for an hour a half I got put through to someone who had no idea who I was told me I couldn’t make a payment because I haven’t applied for an upgrade? And told me someone from processing would call me back in 48 hours, im soo confused I’ve received the acknowledgment of upgrade email, sent the required email with sufficient evidence been contacted 48 hours later by them but the person after completely shut me down and cut me off I don’t understand what I’m doing wrong my flights on the 5th it’s a digital application if they don’t upgrade me within 6 days can I turn up 48 hours beforehand and get a passport upgrade in person? My application has been processing then back to identiy details received mid April im 8 and a half weeks into my application. Sorry for the hassle guys but the stress is unreal I spent the majority of Friday and Saturday trying to get through to someone with no success so I had to spend 6 hours on hold and getting palmed around

connor2597
    Participant

1 person I got put through to, asked about an upgrade told me that I couldn’t upgrade as I was still more than 14 days from travel and had to call back Monday and from then I could begin to apply for an upgrade ( already I knew something was wrong because I called up the Saturday just go meaning I had 10 days left until I fly ) he hung up the call and told me there was nothing more to be done.

I then proceeded to call up again and received a very professional friendly lady that was more than willing to offer me the right to upgrade and began to transfer me to the next line to initiate the phone then cut off mid transfer

I called up again, I got put through to a man with a very thick Indian accent it was very hard to communicate with him and he did not seem to be aware of anything 100% reading from a script he said he was going to transfer me to the relevant department and he transferred me to the wrong department,

I then called up again and was put through to an woman who acknowledged my request and gave me the relevant information and what email to contact

Received the confirmation email and sent my own off waited 48 hours and well my previous post shows how that went down, not to mention this all went down while I was in the middle of shift at work (I work 55 hours a week in a kitchen in a restaurant and I don’t have Spare time off to myself that isn’t at night it’s caused me so much stress

connor2597
    Participant

Also why is there different rates for upgrades people have been offered ones for the price of £102

While the operator who contacted me this morning told me it would cost me £63

What is the criteria for setting the upgrade prices my application hasn’t even been 10 weeks?

SBen2210
    Participant

What passport office is dealing with your upgrade, and what time did you send the email to them on Saturday? I sent mine to the Liverpool Upgrade Team just before 6pm on Saturday (after being passed to about 7 different people over the space of 2 hours on the phone). Each person kept telling me they were putting me through to the upgrade team and it wasn’t until the final person I spoke to, was told that you can’t be put through to the upgrade team – they only work via email and outbound calls!

connor2597
    Participant

I was able to send the email at half 8 maybe 9pm Saturday contacted by 9:30am today told me everything was above board and payment was just next then transferred and shut down and palmed another 48 hours, Durham is handling my claim, i live in Essex though and do not drive

It’s a joke

SBen2210
    Participant

What’s worrying me, is that the person I spoke to on Saturday requested an upgrade for me over the phone. She asked me what my nearest office was and I said to her Peterborough but also stated that my application is at Liverpool. After we got off the phone, I received the following email:

Thank you for contacting us about your passport application, that you have asked, to be upgraded.

Your request has now been sent to the relevant team who will contact you within 48 hours to discuss further.

For your application to be processed using this service, you will need to provide evidence to support your request to assess If you are eligible for your application to be upgraded. If the evidence is not in English, a translation must be provided.

You must send this evidence to us within 48 hours, or your application will continue to be processed under our standard service.

The evidence should be sent by email to the following email address and the subject header of the email should state the applicant’s name:

PeterboroughUpgradeTeam@hmpo.gov.uk
    HM Passport Office will contact you by telephone or email if we need more information from you.

So based on that, I forwarded the email I sent to Liverpool to the Peterborough Team too. Now I’m panicking thinking that it’s going to cause confusion their end and more delays. Got the automated response from Liverpool Team but not Peterborough. I fly on the 7th July.

brussels83
    Participant

I’m confused by this 48 acknowledgement, we submitted my sons for upgrade last Monday based on advice from the 0300 150 0850 number to Durham, as we flew within 14 days (now 7) we are over 10 weeks and been processing more than 6… we rang the same number this morning and were told the 48 hour acknowledgement isn’t a thing anymore and not to expect contact till around 72 hours before flight, I can see above someone flying after us has been called 🤷🏻‍♂️ Have I missed a step or something I should have done? was told this morning via the number above it will be getting looked at and they sent an urgent referral too… I have zero clue what it right anymore!

andytyke76
    Participant

Emailed upgrade team on Friday not had a reply from them yet but 11 days to flight and Status updated to passport approved today. Fingers crossed get it in time.

Rachy40
    Participant

@brussels83

We requested an upgrade via Customer Services Management last Tuesday, (then) two weeks before our flights. The chap sent an email on our behalf and I sent one with all our details plus attached documents with booking and flight dates, all to Peterborough Office. I received an email acknowledgment from Peterborough the next day.

Both the advisor and the email were clear not to expect any movement until at least 72 hours before travel, possibly even right up until 24 hrs before. So I think you’ve done everything correctly.

We’re travelling to Peterborough on Saturday, in case our upgrade isn’t successful.

Good luck!

brussels83
    Participant

Just wanted to drop a note to the forum for anyone giving up hope, we’ve finally had some success after 10 weeks waiting and within the 14 days of travel (flying on 4th) ! We’ve been passed from pillar to post but my best advice if you are getting close to travel and not heard anything use the 0300 150 0850 number, also if you haven’t had the acknowledgement email from upgrades re-sent the info. We submitted an upgrade on 20th with no confirmation of receipt, after all the help on here we thought it strange so re-sent last night at 5pm and got the email back… 9am this morning the passport has been approved and is being printed, the only slight worry is that its gone to post rather than allowing us to collect as we requested, however, about 5 minutes after tracking updated Mohammed from the 0850 number who we spoke to on the 20th called us to say not to worry as its being printed today and will be posted via the next day service. So much advice and help on this forum its been amazing and I can’t thank everyone enough for the help!

Hoping everyone else gets sorted, I’d honestly given up

JenLJ
    Participant

How do I find out where my passport is being processed?

Did PO Check & Send paper service for an adult renewal on 25/4, only received confirmation of receipt from HMP 13/05, no further text/emails saying processing or printed. Flying 16/7 but need to get a visa first, which takes 4 days. Thanks for all the advice on this forum. On Sat (14 days to flight) I’ll contact my MP and phone the 0850 number to see if I can upgrade. Planning to make trip to passport office as soon as it’s been 10 weeks since sending – just need to work out which one.

Totally with everyone ref stress level.

SBen2210
    Participant

Looks as though that 0850 number has already been disconnected. Tried just now and it’s saying number invalid 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 1,441 through 1,455 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.