Peterborough

Home Forums Different Passport Offices Peterborough

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 582 total)
  • Author
    pcmuzzyboy
    Participant

Passport application APPROVED as of this morning!!! Finally!

Application history

Application approved 10:47am on 5 March 2022
    Application being processed 2:59pm on 23 February 2022
    Documents received 2:20pm on 23 February 2022
    Application received 4:36pm on 18 January 2022
    Application submitted 4:36pm on 18 January 2022

ASankey
    Participant

This is really beginning to stress us out. Applied for four passport renewals on 13th January (2 adult, 2 children) and so far recieved both adult renewals and one child renewal within 3 weeks. Both child renewals where sent to Peterborough.
    The remaining child renewal has been sitting as Application being processed since 9th February. Made multiple calls to the passport office, each time being told there is nothing they can do and to just be patient.

No idea why this application is taking so much longer.

Have holiday booked for 4th April and worrying that they aren’t going to process it in time. It feels like it’s been forgotten or keeps getting moved to the bottom of a pile.

Application history

Application being processed 8:35am on 9 February 2022
    Documents received 11:08am on 27 January 2022
    Application received 9:26pm on 13 January 2022
    Identity details received 9:26pm on 13 January 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 8:28pm on 13 January 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 8:22pm on 13 January 2022
    Application submitted 8:22pm on 13 January 2022

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by ASankey.
    Keeper83
    Participant

We are the same, applied on 13th January, whole load of issues with ID docs until it finally moved to processing on the 9th Feb and hasn’t moved since. It’s almost 8 weeks, every complaint gets us no further.

ASankey
    Participant

Just like clockwork, the day you come here to vent your frustrations is the day the application finally gets approved. Relieved is an understatement! Hopefully passport will be sent for printing shortly and be with us within the week.

rayray777
    Participant

I hate all this worry done 3 child renewals sent old passports off 15 days ago special delivery I no there the but then get text last night we still ain’t received your old passport . I can’t cope I can’t tell you how many times a day I’m check to see if status has change to docs received

Diza
    Participant

If it’s of any help to anyone this was my timeline (it took 5 weeks from application to receive everything back, inc. supporting documents):

Passport received on 01 March 2022, supporting documents received on 08 March 2022.

Passport printed and sent 1:21pm on 21 February 2022
    Application approved 12:34pm on 18 February 2022
    Documents received 6:46pm on 10 February 2022
    Application received 8:07pm on 31 January 2022
    Application submitted 8:07pm on 31 January 2022

My biggest worry was that the passport took over a week to be delivered from when it had been printed – I thought it had gone missing!

leahmca
    Participant

Anyone at Peterborough with first child passport?

App received 16th
    Docs received 28th
    Processing 8th

Phoned today and it’s awaiting checks by examiner. Some people at other offices seems to be getting a 2 week turnaround on first child!

hp95
    Participant

Adult renewal
    Date applied: 22nd January 22
    Date posted old passport: 25th Jan 22
    Date passport signed for: 26th jan 22
    Date old passport ‘received’ onto their system: 12th Feb 22
    Application being processed: 28th Feb

Not heard back since! Didn’t realise the ‘10 week processing time’ is actually from being received onto their system rather than when you actually post it! So I may not get this back before I’m due to go away mid April 🙁

Anyone else have this issue? I know it’s my fault for doing it so late, but assumed seen as though I posted it before 10 weeks of needing it that I would be ok?

nassao41
    Participant

Hi,
    I seem to be having a nightmare. Currently on working day 11 of them having received my documents. I know they were signed for on the 24th of Feb as I tracked it.
    Had a call back yesterday saying that I needed my Royal Mail tracking number which I didn’t have on me at the time.
    I found it when I got home, rang them up twice to tell them this and I’m now waiting on another call back which could take over 48 hours. I’m wondering if they’ve lost the documents, but I don’t see how that should be possible if they were signed for.
    I’m getting very stressed now as I need this passport in 4 weeks time and I’m not sure what else I can do.
    I sent it off with 7 weeks before I go away and now I’m panicking that I’m not even going to get it in time 🙁

Summer910
    Participant

Adult first time after naturalisation

Submitted: 26 January
    Docs Received: 4 February
    Processing: 15 February

Getting really worried and frustrated now as I’m supposed to travel at the end of the month and I’ve seen others submitted 3 weeks after mine already done!

pcmuzzyboy
    Participant

Phone them & pester them!!! Get your case sent to the examiner. It happened with me and I swear I’d still be waiting now if I hadn’t chased them up. You’ll be on hold for anything up to an hour but it’ll be worth it.

pcmuzzyboy
    Participant

My complete timeline. I waited 5 weeks for them just to update my ‘documents recieved’. 7.5 week wait in total.

Application history
    Passport delivered 17.40pm on 10 March 2022
    Passport printed and sent 10:15pm on 7 March 2022
    Application approved 10:47am on 5 March 2022
    Application being processed 2:59pm on 23 February 2022
    Documents received 2:20pm on 23 February 2022
    Application received 4:36pm on 18 January 2022
    Application submitted 4:36pm on 18 January 2022

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by pcmuzzyboy.
    nassao41
    Participant

Did they tell you why you were waiting so long for them to update the system? 5 weeks is a long time, that’s ridiculous!!

pcmuzzyboy
    Participant

All I was told was that it ‘looks as if the passport is lost somewhere in the Peterborough passport office’. I was told there was very little chance of it showing up and to sit, wait & hope that it shows up or to start a lost in transit case. 5 days after the case going to the examiner, it showed up!!

nassao41
    Participant

That’s so bad that they’d let it be lost like that and not even try to find it at first.
    Well I’m expecting a call back and if they tell me the same thing I’ll get it sent to the examiner too.
    Thank you, at least you got it sorted in the end.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 582 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.