Peterborough

Home Forums Different Passport Offices Peterborough

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 582 total)
  • Author
    nassao41
    Participant

Did you submit a lost in transit case to the examiner?

Summer910
    Participant

Just called for the third time and they told me their timeline starts from the processing date! So even though my application was submitted close to 7 weeks ago they only consider it to be almost 4 weeks because that’s when it started processing. Absolute joke and I’ll probably miss my holiday now.

Keeper83
    Participant

We are 8 weeks in, already cancelled one trip and they’ve only just got around to telling us my husband’s deed poll certificate is not acceptable because it hasn’t been signed in his old name and new name. On top of the £500 we lost on last holiday we now have to pay £180 for a new deed poll certificate.

They should of told us this when the first examiner looked at it 2 weeks in instead of just sending generic emails.

nassao41
    Participant

Do you know why yours have taken so long? It’s weird because some people’s were coming back after 3 weeks and others are taking ridiculously long.
    I’m getting very worried that I’m going to miss my holiday 😔

Neil0945
    Participant

Thought I’d add what I learned from the process.

Once they scan the documents onto their system it can either be automatically approved in which case it says application approved, or it needs further examination in which case it says application processing. The automatically approved ones seem to take c.3 weeks, normally 2 weeks for the docs to be scanned into the system and another few working days for it to be printed and sent.

The application processing ones seem to take much longer, and previous posts seem to suggest 10 weeks from when they scan the documents into the system, longer if there is more questions or documents needed.

Only thing I can suggest is to ring up and be lucky to get someone nice enough on the phone who will give Peterborough a prod. I found if you be as polite and understanding with the passport helpline employees, that’s often mirrored in their assistance to you so they may go a bit further in helping.

Good luck and hope everyone makes their holidays!

nassao41
    Participant

Thank you Neil0945. I am thinking may need to be looked at more as we did not have original birth certificates, so had to order genuine copies, but this still may delay the process if they need to examine them to ensure they are legitimate.
    I’m still hoping this will not affect the time too much, as I only have 4 weeks to get this passport sorted.
    I’ll hopefully hear something today or Monday.

Summer910
    Participant

Thanks for the info! Geez I hope it doesn’t take that long! Ending my lease soon at the end of April and looking to travel for awhile so I need it all back sooner than later!

leahmca
    Participant

Anyone have the number for Peterborough office ?

Jax
    Participant

This was the number I used to get through. 0300 123 1973

nassao41
    Participant

Does that actually get you through direct to Peterborough passport office?
    Also, are they anymore helpful if you get through to them?

Summer910
    Participant

Mine has been approved this morning! Applied on 26 January. So happy! Hoping others hear soon that have been waiting for awhile!

nassao41
    Participant

Summer910 that’s great!
    How long did you have to wait for your documents to be approved?

Summer910
    Participant

I had applied 26 January and it went into processing on 15 February. By the time I should get the passport it’ll be a bit over 7 weeks total.

Jax
    Participant

That number takes you through to another team but not specifically the Peterborough office i don’t think. I was able to get through a lot quicker with that number though and the staff seemed a lot more willing to help. They put me through as urgent after calling and I was approved 2 days later

hsr
    Participant

I called the same number this morning for mrs first passport. After waiting 40minutes call was answered. Guy mentioned Peterborough is processing her application even though documents sent to Liverpool. Her timeline:

First Passport after Naturalisation

Application Submitted: 16th Feb
    Documents Received: 02nd March

Also, he didnt directly say but looks like there are delays in processing for Peterborough

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by hsr.
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 582 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.