Peterborough

Home Forums Different Passport Offices Peterborough

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 582 total)
  • Author
    ndl.alex0608
    Participant

@marand
    Mine was marked as documents received on 21st March (last Monday), delivered on 4th march. Nothing else since 🙁

Sjh10
    Participant

Hi All.

My first time posting but I’ve found these forums extremely helpful to understand processes and timescales. Below is my passport journey timeline, as well as some other important info I’ve found out along the way which I would like to share (some of it probably repeated throughout the forum). I received my passport today (29th) and I fly 31st!

Passport received 8:18am 29th March
    Passport printed 9:29am on 28 Mar
    Application approved 1:14pm on 21 Mar
    Application processing 12:42pm on 25 Feb
    Documents received 9:23am on 25 Feb
    Application received 12:01pm on 29 Jan
    Application submitted 12:01pm on 29 Jan

– Passport applications go through the system to begin with. The reason some take so long is because they get rejected and fall into a ‘manual’ queue for an examiner to review. This can then take several weeks.

– My system rejection was due to the faintest shadow on my photo. Therefore I would recommend getting an image printed from photo booth. It still got approved manually in the end but the system didn’t accept it which caused a significant delay!

– The most common 0300 222 0000 number I found completely useless. A better number, not always able to do much mind you, but at least you can have a decent conversation with them is the following 0300 123 1973. They are a more senior team and helped get my application approved!

– In previous years, a friend just turned up to passport office without appointment. This, in my experience, no longer works, and didn’t with me!

I must of rung these guys every day and was on hold for hours every time! Keep pursuing because you just don’t know what impact one of them calls might have to help speed them up.

I wish everybody all the best in getting their passport back in time, which in my experience, was an extremely stressful experience. In future, if I have a holiday within 6 months, I will be booking an appointment at my nearest passport office, Peterborough.

lisam1988
    Participant

Thanks for the info, Sjh10. I applied on 3rd February and the application started processing on 7th March so maybe my application will be approved in the next couple of days which would be a similar time scale to yours from processing to approved.

Rbec27
    Participant

Full timeline for First Child Passport

Application submitted: 21st February 22
    Application received: 22nd February 22
    Documents received: 15th March 22 (i sent these next day delivery and they signed for them 23rd Feb 22).
    Application approved: 22nd March 22
    Passport Printed: 23rd March 22
    Passport Received: 29th March 22.

Dynamic
    Participant

I’ve just had an update on first child passport. Approved and sent to print. Phew at leat my boyo can get away 😀. This holiday was for him anyway! Hes been/3still going through a lot. Now only mine to chase up, relieved his is on its way! Takes some pressure off! He’s also loving winding me up 😂 mines stuck in the processing route so who knows when mine will be approved and printed….. mines with Belfast office 🤷‍♀️ hopefully with the lost reference number I gave yesterday should push it along. Failing that, I’ve text my friend and said she may have to take my boyo alone 😂

rosajane
    Participant

Can anybody help?

I applied for 3 passports on the 24th February. Two adult married name changes and 1 first child passport.

Our documents arrived at the passport office on the 25th Feb. But we’re only marked as received on the 18th March. They’ve been stuck in the dreaded processing stage since then. I’ve called and email countless times. I finally had a call back last week and the lady said our applications were with an examiner. But when I ring again this weekend I was told they were still in a queue. I was told I couldn’t get my documents back (my husband still has a few years left on his passport), then today was told I could request it back, but it wouldn’t come in time. Every person I’ve spoken to has told me something different or incorrect.

We are due to travel next Friday 8th to my brother in laws wedding. My husband is best man and is absolutely devastated he won’t be able to go to his brothers wedding. I’ve called every number and no one will help. My MP has even spoken to the passport office on our behalf.

I’m at a complete loss as to what else we can do. And judging by print times on this forum if they don’t get approved today. We will definitely be missing the wedding.

amirun87
    Participant

my childrens passport both have been processing since the 17th also we’ve done everything we could contact via MP etc. Sorry to say but even if they do approve printing and delivery is taking more than a week

beckyb
    Participant

Amirun87 –

When was your passport printed like what day did HMPO text you?xx

Mine daughters first child passport was printed on the 22nd and I’m still waiting for it, I go on holiday next Tuesday 🙁

amirun87
    Participant

BeckyB: still not printed but i’ve read on these forums can take few days to print and 5days to deliver

jadeclarke89
    Participant

It took me 8 days to receive my passport from printing

elle12
    Participant

My application was approved 22nd March, 8 days later and still waiting for it to be printed. Can’t help worry that something has gone wrong somewhere as so many others who were approved after mine have already been printed!

beckyb
    Participant

I got the text on the 22nd and tnt still haven’t collected my passport it’s actually a bit of a joke

MoshUntilPanic
    Participant

Can anyone tell me if you get an email when your application is approved? Or do I have to keep logging in?

I’m wondering if the hold up I’m getting now is the fact I submitted a photo that was ‘fair’ so it hasn’t been automatically approved. My 1 year old’s head was slightly tilted – I was actually delighted we got a photo that good! All these things you wished you knew before applying, eh?

Rachael20030
    Participant

Hello;

I was wondering if anyone could help on the timeline for paper passports?

I have had a text to say my passport has been received but that is it?
    Will they update me if it has been approved or will that be it until my passport arrives?

Thank you

lisam1988
    Participant

Moshuntilpanic – my photo was ‘good’ and I still went into a processing queue so who knows what the situation is with those going into processing and others getting straight approval.

Rachael20030 – depending on the ‘route’ your passport takes you should get the following:

Straight to approval – text to say your passport has been approved
    Into the dreading processing queue – I didn’t get a text to say my passport was processing, and I am still waiting for it to be approved but I assume there will be a text when that happens.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 582 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.