Child's renewal

Home Forums COVID-19 Child's renewal

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 195 total)
  • Author
    AD191
    Participant

Good morning all,
    I have read this forum regularly over the last 2 weeks, thank you for all of the information, it has been hugely useful and a big comfort.
    We booked a holiday pre Covid and had to get a child’s passport renewed. Our travel date is 31st July.
    We got very polite but firm push back from the PP office up until we were 2 weeks away from travel at which point it all completely changed gear and was resolved immediately.
    Stay calm everyone, if you can prove you are travelling within 2 weeks they really do get these things processed as fast as possible.
    Good luck.
    Below is our timeline.
    Application approved 10:05am on 18 July 2020
    Got call back from PP office to confirm details and state passport would be approved and sent this week. 09.35am 18 July 2020
    Email from PP office requesting proof of travel 09.25am 18 July 2020
    Called PP office 9.15am 17 July 2020 – spoke to team, explained date of travel. Very polite member of staff took details and escalated the application
    Application being processed 6:01pm on 16 July 2020
    Reply to DM on twitter – 3.51pm 15 July 2020. Very polite but stated nothing could be escalated until we were 2 weeks from travel
    DM’d on Twitter 9.25am 15 July 2020
    Documents received 1:24pm on 9 July 2020
    DM’d on Twitter 12.19pm 9 July 2020
    Documents signed for at Durham PP office 07.04am on 1 July 2020
    Application received 6:48pm on 29 June 2020
    Identity details received 6:47pm on 29 June 2020
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 6:30pm on 29 June 2020
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 6:27pm on 29 June 2020
    Application submitted 6:27pm on 29 June 2020

sprajax1
    Participant

Thanks AD191 – that’s encouraging news. Glad yours has been approved. A big relief!

vickip3
    Participant

A little update on our wait times.
    3 passports ordered together on 23 June. 1x adult renewal which took around 2 weeks to arrive and x2 child renewals.
    X1 child renewal has now been posted and according to tracking will be delivered on Monday 20/7.
    X1 child renewal has been approved and I’m just waiting for it to be sent.
    In total we will have waited around 4 weeks for all passports to be done.

I haven’t contacted them or complained during our wait either as we don’t fly until the end of August so still had lots of time and I applied under normal renewal without any reason for the passports to be expedited.

Oh and the adult renewal was sent to Durham (new blue/black passport sent for those that are into that sort of thing) and the children’s to Peterbourgh.

MiSa
    Participant

Hi,

If you don’t mind me asking, why do they ask when you booked? How does it matter? And what counts as proof of travel? A booking reference?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by MiSa. Reason: Wrong thread
    Newgirl
    Participant

@MiSa I had to show the booking from my accommodation which had the booking date on there and also forwarded emails of the flight booking which also had the date of the email on there. You need to ring fairly often to try and escalate the claim – the reason they want you to prove you booked it before Covid is to show you haven’t just booked a last minute holiday without having your passports sorted first. It seems they will try and help you if they can, but they don’t tell you at first that it is going to be sorted as they don’t like making promises – even if it’s last minute like mine! I got a call yesterday from the complaints team saying they had sent my passport Royal Mail special delivery so it will definitely be with me in time.

Fred
    Participant

214 days and counting for a standard overseas child’s renewal. I’ve been calling every week after 4 months. It’s still is standard ID checks. No one has contracted the counter signatory. Helpline not helpful in any way. No idea if they need anything from me. No idea when or if they will issue a passport. Daughters passport expires in 7 days. We are still overseas. Utterly frustrating.

yasminrita
    Participant

My partner applied for his daughters and the passport office have sent a letter to his daughters mother for approval that he’s applying an for her to send birth certificate. Has anyone experienced this and how long did it take for them to approve the passport once they received the letter an birth certificate of the mum.

thekooseenlins
    Participant

Starting a panic more now. Passport office signed for my sons old passport last Monday in Durham but it’s still not even showing as received! How long has it taken for others to get receipt confirmed? We go on holiday on 12th August 😭

MiSa
    Participant

Ours took 2 weeks before it showed as received.

jamesd1974
    Participant

12th will be very tight

sprajax1
    Participant

@thekooseenlins – my son’s renewal took 12 days before before it was acknowledged as received, even though I knew they received 10days before (royal mail tracked) so hopefully by the end of the week they should acknowledge yours. once they do, I would call them and as you will be within your two weeks travel time they will escalate. I think its tight but its do-able. Ive been waiting for 3 weeks for two passports. Ive read some posts and people have escalated and had their passports approved and sent all in one day! Lucky..so I guess theres always a chance!

jamesd1974
    Participant

They will only escalate it if at least 14 days have passed and are within 14 days of travel and you can email them proof that holiday was booked before March

jamesd1974
    Participant

Once I escalated it And sent them the proof they asked for all 4 of mine were approved printed and sent and in my hand within 5 days

ana.pascu
    Participant

Good morning applied for both my daughters on the 10th of July and got a message that the applications have been received on the 16th, i have applied by paper with the post office but in the meantime we have decided to go away in the first week of August so fingers crossed everyone!!!

jamesd1974
    Participant

That is gonna be very tight to be fair

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 195 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.