Child's renewal

Home Forums COVID-19 Child's renewal

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 195 total)
  • Author
    niafitnesspt
    Participant

Update on my child renewal

Send to Peterborough

Had a text at 6:30 on 2nd July to say they received the old passport – so well over 7 days from Royal Mail showing as signed for

Finally he a call back on Friday 3rd also 3 days age tee requesting – the phone call came from the Newport office but I didn’t get into conversation with them as I’d received the text to say they had the old passport.

I know the passport online application is now saying don’t apply for a passport unless you’re travelling before September 2020 – which has recently been added

Ljem
    Participant

Hi,

We are supposed to be travelling at the end of the month and really concerned passport still stuck in processing despite starting application 3rd June. I understand a number of you had progress from emailing you MP. Would anyone be willing to share the content of their email?

Many thanks
    Laura

LauraW
    Participant

@jamesd1974 yes I got a text 17th June to confirm the old passport had been recieved by them which was a couple of days after we applied and posted it.

LauraW
    Participant

@ljem I didn’t speak to my MP but I did send them a direct message on twitter. Although I didn’t get a response, I had the passport approved 2 days later.
    This is what I sent them on 2nd July :

Hello, we have submitted our daughters renewal which has been marked as ‘application being processed’ since 19th June. We are due to travel to Spain to visit family on 23rd July, is it likely her passport would be approved by this date or do I need to look at cancelling our flights and accommodation?
    Ref ###########
    Thank you.

jamesd1974
    Participant

Really is a joke sent 4 renewals off on 25th signed for on the 26th to Durham Glasgow and peterbough and None showing as received yet twitter waste of time even after this long only response I get is it’s taken longer than normal seriously when others after me have there’s done and dusted

AnnaP
    Participant

Does any one know what it means when the passport has been sent for printing?
    I sent my sons renewal off 29th May ( paper application) had a text to say it was received 01st June. I’ve emailed and received two separate replies, one saying it was received 01st June at Durham and the other saying it was received 01st June at Peterborough and has been sent for printing. I’m a little confused at to where it actually is and what sent for printing means?

smilelyns
    Participant

Hello, update for child renewal applied online….

Passport printed and sent 9:20am on 3 July 2020
    Application approved 10:32am on 2 July 2020
    Application being processed 10:13am on 25 June 2020
    Documents received 7:45am on 22 June 2020
    Documents sent on 13th and signed for at 6.59am on 15th June (took 7 days to be logged on system)
    Application received 4:38pm on 12 June 2020
    Identity details received 4:37pm on 12 June 2020
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 1:00pm on 12 June 2020
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 12:45pm on 12 June 2020
    Application submitted 12:45pm on 12 June 2020

Documents sent to Peterborough. I am yet to receive the passport but have missed something from Royal Mail today, was unsure if they are still using TNT or now using Royal mail?

Good luck everyone

smilelyns
    Participant

I have read that it is taking up to 14 days to acknowledge documents have been received.
    Hope it gets quicker for you.

jamesd1974
    Participant

10 days and 1 text from peterbough tonight at 8 to say they received old one just 3 more to go

Ljem
    Participant

@lauraW I sent 2 DMs on Twitter to passport office and no response. Got my call back from them this evening and was the exact same status as I saw online and was told they couldn’t add a travel date to my notes. Emailed my MP today as well and as yet am yet to hear a response. We are due to leave on 28th July and I am really panicking at the lack of response or progression of the process. We need the passport number before we travel to get approval from Croatia to enter. I’m at my wits end!

jamesd1974
    Participant

Ljem I emailed my mp and had the auto response saying we Will reply soon
    I rung passport office and as soon as I said I paid for the holiday a year ago and couldn’t look into the future to know what was going to happen with COVID-19 her attitude changed and added my travel dates to all my applications and within 2 hours had one message saying one is received just 3 to go now and this is just them confirming they received the old passport

Pipine
    Participant

Is anyone still waiting for a child renewal that’s been processing since 10th June?

This is our timeline so far:

Application submitted – 21st May
    ID details received – 29th May
    Application details received – 29th May
    Documents received – 5th June
    Application being processed – 10th June

I contacted them via Twitter a couple of weeks ago and they added our date of travel (31st July) onto our application but nothing since.

If I don’t hear by Thursday I’ll be writing to my MP. It’s just worrying when there’s no logical order to the clearing of the backlog and new applications seem to breeze through! If we don’t get it back we lose a 3k holiday..

jamesd1974
    Participant

Pipeine email u mp now why wait they take a few days to reply

Pipine
    Participant

I was just thinking it’s bound to come this week, but yes maybe you’re right.. I’ll email tomorrow.

jamesd1974
    Participant

Don’t presume mate don’t wait I have already and I only applied on the 26th June as they hadn’t even said they had received so far but they have now 1 of them 3 to go

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 195 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.