Child's renewal

Home Forums COVID-19 Child's renewal

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 195 total)
  • Author
    Ljem
    Participant

@jamesd1974 I couldn’t get through on the phone today, was forced to leave my number for a call back which took 9 hours to get! At which point he just recited everything that I already knew back to me and point blank refused to add travel dates. I will try again in the morning. We also booked this trip before Covid- didn’t seem to mean anything to him though….

AndyH
    Participant

@Pipine does your departure date appear on your online application or did they just tell you over Twitter that it has been noted? Thanks.

MrsM1982
    Participant

@ljem Hopefully your MP will get back to you really quickly, mine did.
    I just wanted to say to try call and ask to speak to the complaint department. I did this after also emailing my MP, I explained to the lady how anxious I was and how it was affecting me mentally with worry. She said she would get a message over to the office dealing with it and explain what I told her and note the date of travel again (was already on there from twitter dm). She also said she would mention that I was making a complaint.
    1 hour later my application was approved. I have no idea if it was the MP, the complaint department or twitter or a coincidence.

Keep calling, messaging etc, you’ll get there.

Pipine
    Participant

@andyH they just said they were noting it, I’ve not seen it anywhere

Ljem
    Participant

@MrsM1982 just called again, guy was really grumpy and said no point in putting travel date on as it wouldnt help me. Has anyone else been getting total obstruction from the passport office?! Literally feel like I’m out of ideas now

MrsM1982
    Participant

@Ljem don’t give up, I would call again, ask to be put straight through to complaints, tell them you were advised by someone else on Saturday to call back and ask to be put through to complaints. That’s what I said as the complaints team don’t work at the weekend and they put me through (wasn’t going to at first)
    Keep DM on twitter, keep calling till you get someone who will listen, i was exactly the same.
    Twitter seem to be able to put your travel date on there.
    The complaints team can see that but general enquiries just see the processing bit, they also told me my photo looked fine.

embask74
    Participant

I submitted my application for a child renewal on 3rd June(Durham) and it was approved yesterday after processing since 12th June. I have called several times and tweeted(DMs) each time providing my travel date, be persistent it will work. I contacted my MP also who has raised with the CEx of the passport office as it is a dire situation for some – good luck

Pipine
    Participant

They really need to get on top of the backlog in a more consistent manner. There’s just no logic to it, they should either prioritise by date of travel or by date submitted. I assume they would normally do them in order submitted?

AndyH
    Participant

@pipine. I agree. I don’t see how they can say only to apply for a passport if you are a government worker or it is needed for compassionate grounds when they open up air bridges. Apparently travel before September has been added but they are not taking departure dates so how do they know this.

For our daughters renewal it was a huge oversight on our part, however for a government agency I would expect their systems to be much better than they are for processing etc.

sezntom666
    Participant

Sent my daughters renewel onljne on 24tb june. Sent support docs on 26th which have been signed for on 30th june. Since then I have heard nothing were due to fly on 30th august which I know is 7 weeks away but if it doesnt arrive then none of our family can travel as we cant leave her on her own . Has any one recieved their in a good time frame. My documents were sent to Durham office .

jamesd1974
    Participant

The received
    My docs on 26th updated
    To say received yesterday well 3 of 4 passports still waiting
    For one to update

Ljem
    Participant

How quickly have people’s MPs been to get back to them? I’ve tried calling, emailing and tweeting my one, with zero response

jamesd1974
    Participant

Days for
    Mine and sound very helpful said they were
    Contacting the home office today for me

yardo20
    Participant

Anyone else had issues actually receiving their passports? Mine was printed on Monday but still doesn’t appear to have been picked up by TNT..

Tracey1978
    Participant

Mine was sent on Friday and I received it yesterday.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 195 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.