Hemel Hempstead

Home Forums Different Passport Offices Hemel Hempstead

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 167 total)
  • Author
    beckydipstick
    Participant

Sharing mine for anyone who may be on a similar timeframe Adult renewal done online:

Passport delivered by TNT: 9:06 on 19th May 2022
    Passport printed 4:03pm on 17 May 2022
    Application approved 12:44am on 16 May 2022
    Documents received 5:08pm on 12 May 2022
    Old passport delivered by RM: 3rd May 2022 (bank holiday weekend)
    Old passport posted by me: 29th April 2022
    Application received 1:47pm on 29 April 2022
    Application submitted 1:46pm on 29 April 2022

Was very worried due to the media coverage and hearing a lot of people having problems but I seem to have been lucky and it was pretty plain sailing for me, under 3 weeks. Good luck to everyone waiting.

L219b
    Participant

Sent my adult passport renewal off 24th April, updated 6th May to say documents received but nothing since…seems like those who applied after me have their passports already, does anyone reckon there’s an issue?
    I did put one page was slightly damaged with a splodge on the copy of my photo but other than that I don’t know what the issue could be…just getting a bit nervous not being in the know!

ndav1
    Participant

Has anyone been to Hemel to turn up and get their passport without an appointment? We fly on Tuesday and they won’t process my newborns passport in time

bluecarjr
    Participant

Adult renewal – online, uploaded digital photocode. Old Passport sent to BOOTLE.

Awaiting receipt of passport.
    Passport printed 7:20pm on 20 May 2022
    Application approved 5:22am on 19 May 2022
    Documents received 3:49pm on 17 May 2022
    Documents Received – Royal Mail Signed for: 12 May 2022
    Application received 7:27pm on 10 May 2022
    Application submitted 7:26pm on 10 May 2022

For comparison – my son’s renewal applied same day, but old passport sent to HEMEL HEMPSTEAD, Royal Mail signed for received also 12th May. Still marked as ‘send old passport’ at the time of writing – 22nd May.

zcabaam
    Participant

I sent an application on 13th May, it was signed for by Royal Mail at destination on 14th. Still saying send old passport. Other offices people who sent same as me have received their new passport. Calling up every day, saying they can’t do anything until the documents have been scanned.

After some research I have discovered that this is Sopra Steria head office we are sending our documents to who have a very corrupt and poor reputation on how badly they work with government. They should not be able to function put it lightly.

I’m not sure what else can be done to hasten the scanning of documents. Considering booking a completely new priority service passport application and claiming I have lost my passport as I can’t wait for it to be scanned. As far as I’m concerned, if someone signs for my package and a week later still telling me they haven’t received, it is lost.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by zcabaam.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by zcabaam.
    sharonlynn
    Participant

Child to adult renewal

Application history
    Status Date
    Old Passport received into the system at HMPO 12:00pm on 24 May 2022
    Old passport sent by recorded next day delivery with RM on 11 may 2022 signed for on 12 May 2022
    Application received 9:47am on 11 May 2022
    Application submitted 9:46am on 11 May 2022

Will update when further contact from HMPO is received

zcabaam
    Participant

Update on my passport application. Btw, it was signed for and received on 14th May. So 10 days to acknowledge Documents received. Will update once I receive my passport.

Documents received 5:25pm on 24 May 2022
    Application received 3:40pm on 13 May 2022
    Application submitted 3:39pm on 13 May 2022

keycolgirl
    Participant

Hemel Hempstead isnt a passport office , its just a collection depot. We sent my Granddaughters old passport to Hemel but her mums marriage cert went to Peterborough

Armchair General
    Participant

Current progress on first adult passport, will update when passport is delivered.

Documents received 9:51am on 26 May 2022
    Documents delivered by Royal Mail on 17 May 2022
    Application received 5:11pm on 12 May 2022
    Identity details received 5:10pm on 12 May 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 4:39pm on 10 May 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 3:48pm on 8 May 2022
    Application submitted 3:48pm on 8 May 2022

travelgirl
    Participant

Passport Delivered 12.30pm on 26 May 2022
    Passport printed 3:30am on 25 May 2022
    Application approved 1:00pm on 23 May 2022
    Documents received 7:31pm on 18 May 2022
    Application received 1:10pm on 5 May 2022
    Application submitted 1:10pm on 5 May 2022

3 weeks exactly. The PO track and trace never showed my passport as being received although sent Special Delivery but I read on here that that was normal otherwise I would have been panicking.

Thanks to all who submitted comments and timelines.

steff1304
    Participant

What is the current waiting time for old passport to be updated as recieved on tracking system?

I posted my daughter passport on 17th May for Special next day delivery was delivered on 18th May and signed for at 7:17am.
    But nothing has been updated on her tracking that her old passport has been recieved.

My other daughter whose passport was sent to Bootle was delivered the same day and I had a text on Monday 23rd May to say old passport recieved.So I’m confused as to why the one sent to Hemel Hempstead has had no updates.

How long is the turnaround for passports processes to be completed and new passport delivered we go in holiday on 24th August and worried that this one will not return in time, especially as they haven’t updated nothing on tracking as yet…

Can you please advise?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by steff1304.
    sharonlynn
    Participant

Hi Steff

My sons was 12 days from being delivered to the passport office (12/5/2022) via RM next day recorded delivery to being updated that it had been received on 24/5/2022
    I am constantly worried and having sleepless nights my sons passport won’t be back and we travel 24/7/2022
    Looking at other peoples comments I hope it will be printed in a few days.

It is looking like a 3-4 week turnaround to have the passport printed so you should be fine.
    I would think you will receive a notification that it has been received by the end of May.

steff1304
    Participant

Hi Sharon

Thank you for your response. I’m the same worrying all the time that they’re going to be issues and my daughters passport’s won’t be returned in time.

I just recieved confirmation an hour ago that her old passport has finally been recieved at Hemel Hempstead so that’s a relief.

But now I’ve had a message of HMPO that I need to provide proof of parental responsibility for my other daughter so I now need to send birth certificate. I hope they don’t take too long to recieve that now too. Seems to never end I’m sure I provided all this when they had their first passport so it’s a nightmare.

Good luck I hope you get your sons passport back soon! X

sharonlynn
    Participant

Hi Steff

Its really surprising isn’t it that they want a birth certificate when its a passport renewal ? I would of thought that would have all been verified from the original passport you sent ? From what I have seen on here, further documents don’t seem to take as long to be received for some reason.

My son was 15 when I renewed his last passport.
    Now he has a beard and is 20 but to date I have not had a request for a countersignature which worries me as he does look different.
    To top it off, I didn’t even need to send it for this holiday as we are going to Cyprus which only requires 3 months to be left on the passport. He had 5 months left but due to the media frightening me, I thought 6 months was what he should have.
    Its so worrying isn’t it 🙁

I am sure you will be fine. Good luck to you and both your daughters. I will update when I have further news and I look forward to your updates x

zcabaam
    Participant

I don’t think you should be worried Steff. I am planning to go on holiday end of June and I am not too worried. My passport was delivered signed for on 14th and Documents Received happened on 24th. I am expecting Application Approved to be early next week and by end of week I expect to have my passport. This is all based on many other experiences I have read so I don’t think what I’m saying is even optimistic. If you’re going holiday in August you have nothing to worry about.

Worst case scenario, you call them up, say someone in your family is ill and you have to visit them and they will give you option to upgrade to 1 day premium or 1 week fast track service. I personally would not recommend as I have seen that these applications are usually done within 1 week from Documents Received stage anyway, so no point wasting your money.

If you can’t get through by phone, just keep pressing # on your dial pad and the operator will get confused and eventually divert you to an actual human being to talk to.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 167 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.