New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    wanokuni
    Participant

Hi guys, anyone who got this upgrade 48 hours before or whatever, did you have to pay? If so how much and how did you pay for it?

hamsha
    Participant

Has anyone been to the Newport office? I don’t think we are allowed in the building. It’s only two days left to my flight but no news from the upgrade team. I’m panicking they are not going to call

samking
    Participant

Have they not called at all? When did you send your email. Maybe give them a call and ask to be put through urgently. Hope you get sorted

jonesy_78
    Participant

Hi all

Flying Sunday and no call yet despite putting upgrade request in last Monday. Got the obligatory ‘we’ve noted your date of travel, please don’t email us’ note in response. Mine is Durham office. Is there any point calling / emailing? Trying to remain in a state of zen about it. Presumably they take payment over the phone? Thanks

hamsha
    Participant

I had an automated email saying they have received my request but no more email or call. I phoned many times and they saying to just wait. I have two flights on the 14th and the 20th and it’s for a medical reason as well. But still no news I phoned today morning and I was told they have emailed the upgrade team today just in the morning to remind them. So I’m hoping I get a call maybe today as I’m flying on the 14th 😞 stressful time

shanisedemi
    Participant

@samking, thankyou! I put in for the upgrade on the 29th and then every other day I emailed, I only got an automated email response half of the time!

@hayleylou
    , the passport arrived via Royal Mail this morning 8:30am!! Just before we left for school! Yay! And less than 48 hours til we fly… Have faith everyone!

amber9514
    Participant

@Jonesy_78 I leave early hours Sunday morning and mine is with Durham too, I haven’t heard a word either 🤦‍♀️ I’m holding out till tomorrow then will be calling them to find out what’s happening, they have said 48-72hours before leaving they will call so from tomorrow it’s 72hours 🤞 I will post if I do get a call, good luck

Jules66
    Participant

My daughters old passport has been sent to Corby address, anyone know which office to email for the Upgrade team? Do I just pick local office (Liverpool)?

claloub
    Participant

I’m in panic stage now due to fly out to get married on 16th may I have requested upgrade for my sons renewal. Yesterday I had an email off Newport with receipt of request, also I had an email from Peterborough saying they are still waiting on old passport which I replied with tracking number and they have had the old passport since 29 April. I also have my mp chasing it for me with no success. What else can I do should I just go to Newport office and ask for help?

hayleylou
    Participant

@shanisedemi yay 👏👏 relax and enjoy your holiday

clare_mclaughlin
    Participant

I just went on webchat and asked them which office it was at……..

claloub
    Participant

So had email from Newport saying unfortunately your application is not in order as we have requested further documents. Once you receive notification the documents have been scanned to the system you can apply for an upgrade.
    Please do not reply to this email as this is not a general enquiry inbox.

Wtf does this mean now??? 😡😡😡

help00
    Participant

Hi,

I am flying on Friday and have not received my call back about my upgrade. It is with the liverpool office and I saw another user with them flying Friday got a call yesterday. Is anyone here in a similar position? Have people flying friday with liverpool got theirs? Also, is it worth going in in person? Very expensive train not sure what to do.

Thanks!

clare_mclaughlin
    Participant

@claloub I’d be going down there to find out what is going on……..you won’t get any sense out of the call centre or webchat. Which office do you need to go to?

claloub
    Participant

Newport is my closest but documents are in peterborough

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.