New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    moore88
    Participant

I’m sure somebody on here shared how to track TNT. Or managed to get through to TNT customer services explained their situation and got urgent put on their delivery. Good luck

Counttoten
    Participant

I am travelling in the next two weeks on a holiday that has been booked for over 12 months, I’m only in this position as passport was stolen 6 weeks ago. I’t has been very stressful.

mcassidy3
    Participant

quick question for those who have upgraded, what was the cost to do so?

Rub_03hen
    Participant

@Gemzy I was just thinking the exact same! Just makes things worse for everyone else too.

Does anyone know once the status is changed to printed how long it takes for delivery? I’ve now been told I can’t collect which I’m pretty sure the progress team told me I could.

maddie130147
    Participant

Hi has anyone got the email address for upgrade if you travel in 2 weeks what information do they require do i have to phone first to get this on the system thank you 🙂

Anna245
    Participant

Hi All, I have just received my daughters passport.

We fly next Tuesday so very lucky to get it with so much time to spare.

I had sent the application for a child’s first passport:

Application Submitted 11th April
    Documents Received 25th April

This was stuck at this stage for a while, I started to panic and after numerous calls and a fair few emails to Liverpool Upgrade team I received a text and email on 12th May to say her application had been approved, then on 13th May saying it was being printed and it has just been delivered. I’m not sure if the calls or emails helped, or if it was just in the queue to be processed. I wasn’t charged any upgrade fees.

I also applied for my Renewal at the same time (11th April), that came back within 2 weeks. But same process once it had been approved, a day later it is printed and a day later (unless its weekend) it is sent out for delivery

I really hope that all of you waiting on passports receive them in good time. Dont loose hope guys!

Gemzy
    Participant

That is really good to know. I’ve chased once by email but not called again yet. What number have you been ringing for an update please?

gruudboi
    Participant

I called the progress team at 8AM today, since we’re flying at 8.30PM tonight. The lady said that the upgrade request (which I made last Thursday) was logged by the upgrade team at 9.20PM on Friday night. She said that she would send another message to the upgrade team and emphasise the urgency, and ask that we could pick the passport up at Peterborough (the application was in Durham).

Amazingly, they called at about 12.30PM to say it was all sorted and we could pick up at 2PM. Hey presto, we have the passport! Also no additional charge for the upgrade. This was for a first UK adult passport after UK naturalisation.

So, don’t give up hope, it really is possible to get a last minute upgrade, but I guess you need to give them two full clear working days to log the upgrade and process it.

Passport printed 12:55pm on 16 May 2022
    Application approved 12:26pm on 16 May 2022
    Application being processed 11:14am on 16 May 2022
    Documents received 9:16am on 25 April 2022
    Application received 9:01pm on 10 April 2022
    Identity details received 9:01pm on 10 April 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 4:04pm on 10 April 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 3:36pm on 10 April 2022
    Application submitted 3:36pm on 10 April 2022

wrightstar
    Participant

@Gemzy I guess its no different to people paying more to get their passport dont the same day at an office. I think at this stage its dog eat dog in the passport application world. We have to do what we have to do, sometimes following protocol gets us nowhere.
    I really hope we all get sorted asap. Th stress is too much.

PassThePort
    Participant

Ive followed this forum for a few weeks now and my advice to everyone would be to not waste any time emailing the upgrade teams before 14 days prior to travel.

A phone call to find out where your application is, is a good idea so you are confident you are emailing the correct office. If in doubt then maybe try a few or all.

Not all offices have an automated reply to let you know that they have received your email in their inbox which is a bit frustrating.

I emailed on Sunday lunch time (13 days before travel) and received a reply Monday morning 8:30am saying they have received our upgrade request and noted the travel date is 28 May 2022.

From reading the 40 odd pages this thread has got to now, I am confident we will get the call to organise picking them up.

However for people that are not fortunate to be able to drive or afford the train upto 200 miles to get to the nearest office / not trust the Postal Service, and the fact it seems to be within 72/42 hours before one actually flies then that also is an added stress 🙁

Good luck everyone

leesa160
    Participant

I’m due to fly next wed 25th…. both my sons renewals are still with Peterborough.

I had to sent in parental proof (different surname) and that was signed for by hmpo on the 10th last week.

Spoke to a lovely lady this morning that said I am unable to upgrade until my paperwork has been scanned on the system….. it’s such a stressful wait…. I feel like our first holiday abroad as a family isn’t going to happen 🙁

xfxrxhx
    Participant

Any advice would be EXTREMELY grateful.

I have 2 kids new passports that’s status is application being progressed since 4th April. We are due to travel this Sunday (22nd May) so emailed for upgrade last Sunday (8th May). Not had a call as of yet keep chasing and all progress can do is put notes on their files. Do I still have hope?? Thanks in advance.

Tara A
    Participant

We are in the same situation but we fly on Sunday if we don’t get a call tomorrow then we are going to the passport office that the applications are at on Wednesday

Garbett44
    Participant

Hi all,

I applied for my sons passport on 14th of march, documents were received 1st April and then on 13th April I was asked for documents for mothers name change from marriage. My wife (His Mother) also had a passport application with marriage certificate with her application. I rang on same day and they said would link the 2 application together, about a week later my wife’s passport arrived. I waited a further week then called again to find out applications had not been linked and was told I’ll receive a call back from progress team within 48 hours. After numerous times ringing it was a further 2 weeks until i received the call which was last week 10th may, I was told that day that they was now linked together. Today on 16th may the marriage certificate came back in post from my wife’s application. Does anyone know if they would still have access to this on file from my wife’s application as would need this document to be able to upgrade my sons as we travel 2 weeks this Sunday. I’m thinking if i have to now resend it passport will never arrive on time. I called today then go transferred to progress team, after 2 hours on the line I was speaking to progress team then about 60 seconds in the line cut out!

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Garbett44.
    • This reply was modified 2 years ago by Garbett44.
    huzi67
    Participant

Hi all

Child’s first passport currently at “processing” stage in Liverpool. Docs received April 2nd.

I spoke to the upgrade/progress team on Sunday AM. They told me they had applied for an upgrade and I would hear from the upgrade team (to request confirmation of travel) within 48 hours via email. No communication as yet – 5 hours from now until the 48 hour target.

I fly on Saturday. Does anyone have any advice on what I can do? I live in the south of england and could travel to Liverpool/London/Belfast if anyone thinks it would be helpful. The team said they don’t accept walk-ins without appointments.

Please help – I am trying to go on a very special family holiday and stand to lose a fortune.

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.