New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    France22
    Participant

Huzi67
    I’m sure they will ring you. Try webchat at 8.01. Just first name and click. See if they can help. I would suggest nearest passport office if within 48 hours with your travel docs.
    Good luck

France22
    Participant

Huzi67
    I’m on another FB site called passport chaos2022. Advice on their is Peterborough 48 hours before. Be there at 5 in morning.

chelsjanekait
    Participant

I am flying on Thursday the 19th of May – I have sent an email to the upgrades team, I have been phoning everyday, I have been repeatedly told to NOT go to the London office as they will not help me without an appointment but I cant make an appointment. My accommodation ends today, I am taking a train from Devon today – staying with a family member until the 19th. Its a one way ticket back home to South Africa. I don’t know what to do!!

huzi67
    Participant

webchat are telling me they can’t deal with any upgrade questions and that it’s two working days from upgrade request, which is not what I was told by the agent I spoke to on Sunday. I have been given a CSM number but it sounds like they are simply routing those calls to the standard number.

Gemzy
    Participant

I would ask for it to be printed locally so you can get it, it seems most people are getting a call day or two before travel date, good luck! I’m waiting on same, we travel a week on Thurs

Gemzy
    Participant

I think you’ll have to go through mainline, ask to speak to Processing Team who should hopefully escalate it, I think you’ll get a call one or two days before, it looks like they’re working to a tight schedule. Keep ringing each morning! 😬

hreeve3
    Participant

Just when I had lost all faith in my passport arriving before my flight tomorrow….. It turned up at 9am this morning!!!! Buzzing. Didn’t pay for the upgrade either. My advice would be to keep pushing and pushing them on the phone to speed it up. Good luck guys.

Angadsingh1
    Participant

I’ve posted on here a few times as I was so stressed with the whole situation. We are due to travel on the 25th May my hubby sent passport off for a simple renewal by post 6 weeks ago as couldn’t get appointments for the day service. I’ve continued to chase it up, sent email to Durham upgrade team last Wednesday as advised as it was 14 days before we travel, no response so I sent it from my email on Sunday and got a automated response. No call back or response. My hubby decided as a last resort he would travel to Durham (4 hour trip), he left at 5am this morning. When he arrived he said there was a queue for people with appointments and another for non appointments. He was 7th in the queue of non appointments, was seen within 30 minutes. His passport is being printed, he’s collecting at 1pm!!! Can’t believe it. It’s definitely worth going to the passport office.

huzi67
    Participant

Hi all. An update following my posts this morning:

Childs first passport submitted March 12th
    Application processing 27th April

I’ve called them maybe 40 times over the past 3 weeks. On Sunday I was told that the team had applied for an upgrade (get through general enquiries and get to the progress team is my advice).

Webchat this morning told me they couldn’t deal with any upgrade focused questions. I called, got angry, the woman hung up on me.

By chance a private number rang me at 0851 – it was the Liverpool office telling me the passport would be printed today and delivered by courier tomorrow before 9am. Further, my wifes passport was included in the supporting documentation which will also be delivered tomorrow morning.

Stick with it – it works. Remain resilient. I can now travel to the US for a family holiday which has been planned for a long time.

leesa160
    Participant

Great news! Enjoy your holiday!
    I’m waiting for them to acknowledge my extra documents I’ve sent in

France22
    Participant

Fantastic. So pleased for you

leesa160
    Participant

Great news!

wanokuni
    Participant

I’ve been processing since April 7th, only emailed them the once and got a reply saying my upgrade details were noted.

So you’ve called them 40 times and I go in 2 weeks… Should I be messaging them more?

Angadsingh1
    Participant

Thanks all to you for advice. Goodluck everyone.

leesa160
    Participant

I’m gonna call again now…. best number anyone pls?

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.