New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 676 through 690 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    PBC19
    Participant

@leesa160 0300 105 0850 keep trying x

leesa160
    Participant

Thank you x

PeteD
    Participant

Hope someone may be able to offer some advice, I called to be put in for the upgrade service last week but I am yet to receive a call back (unfortunately think I missed my call back today while being on hold to them!) I am due to fly on Thursday but my passport application still says ‘send old passport’ and has been like this for the last 3 weeks, is this a lost cause now? Or is there anything else I can do. Will travelling to nearest passport office help at all? Thank you!

zman224
    Participant

Flying tomorrow at 9am and still haven’t had any reception from upgrade team

Gemzy
    Participant

I would call the Processing team and push for a call back 😬

Gemzy
    Participant

Get through to Processing Team for them to escalate it!

PBC19
    Participant

Ok friends I am en route to collect my printed passport from London so sorry for any typos as I’m on my phone.

I fly out tonight and Durham approved my upgrade this morning and I will collect from the London office.

For those still waiting, unless you receive the email from the no reply post room address, consider your requested unlogged. Call the main advice line and ask to be out through to the processing team. Confirm which office your passport application is at and ask THEM to put the upgrade in for you. They can do this. You should immediately receive the no reply email to resend your travel evidence. Then an acknowledgement email.

Unfortunately you may have to wait until up to 48 hour before your travel to get the call if you are eligible. I got called on my day of travel.

In the meantime, call every day to ensure the notes are being updated ( 0300 105 0850). I was not charged for the upgrade.

You will get your call but ensure it’s on their radar and they are processing it, evidenced by the notes on your file. It should say, evidence seen, processing etc. the CSM will tell you the exact status.

I am so grateful for this forum because without it I’d be waiting in limbo.

Good luck to everyone and I hope you all get to your destinations in time.

All the best!!

leesa160
    Participant

Ah that’s great news ! 😀😀

zman224
    Participant

I have received all these emails and still haven’t heard from anyone I’m really worried what can I do to chase up my flights tomorrow at 9am should I try and move flight to following day

AnnaK
    Participant

Why are they waiting until the day of the flight? Not everyone needs a passport for flights. Some people need their passport for ID.

Jules66
    Participant

I’m still waiting on my husbands passport renewal to be updated to Received. Last minute renewal due to the 10 year requirement for EU and couldn’t get an appointment for fast track. It was delivered to Peterborough on 11th May, anyone suggest how long this takes to be updated? We fly 5th June, so waiting until 14 days before to call and request upgrade by Processing team. However, does the passport have to be scanned and marked as ‘received’ before it will be eligible for the upgrade?

joesteinberg90
    Participant

Good luck with this lot.

I submitted my details with flight booking confirmation attached to the upgrade team on Wednesday 10th and was told I would hear back within 48 hours. I did hear back on Friday, but the message was that I had not provided evidence of my flight and I would not be upgraded.

Phoned the advice line straight afterwards to tell them the upgrade team had ignored my flight booking attachment, they told me they would ask the upgrade team to call me back within the next 24 hours. I waited until Monday (yesterday). No call. I phoned them again, told them the whole story, and the girl on the line told me very apologetically that she would have them call me within the next 4 hours. Guess what – no call.

I’ve phoned them today and they have told me, once again, that they are sorry and I should get a call back in the next 4 hours. Let’s be realistic, I’m not going to hear from them am I? My flight is on Friday. They are yet to even acknowledge that I sent them my flight confirmation six days ago.

clare_mclaughlin
    Participant

Hey all. Any advice? I can’t call and sit there for hours waiting to be put through to the progress team, I am at work and have young kids to deal with in the evening.

Is there any way to be flagged to the Upgrade Team via webchat? Online form? I am running out of options here.

Gemzy
    Participant

I’m the same but I have just called the mainline, asked to be put through to Process team and was within 15 mins so it’s worth trying. I was on call to them yesterday with my daughter screaming in my ear 😫

PBC19
    Participant

@zman224 Call 0300 105 0850 to chase the upgrade. They can try and add a note for a nudge. They are really leaving it to the last minute for some folks. So stressful.

Viewing 15 posts - 676 through 690 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.