New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 946 through 960 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    Carolmu1992
    Participant

Gemzy cab you let us know if ur husband has any luck at the passport office..goodluck 🙏🤞

Gemzy
    Participant

You could always try and go to the passport office within 48hrs and see if they’ll process it. Worth a try! 😬 @gradders

Gemzy
    Participant

I will do! They’ve been known to do it from bring on this thread a while now so let’s hope! @carolmu1992

lilcd12
    Participant

What counts as 6 weeks? As in on the timeline, must your application have been being processed for 6 weeks? or does the date it says your application was submitted have to have been 6 weeks ago?

gradders
    Participant

I’ve no idea I’m afraid, they didn’t specify. I’m sick of the whole process just being so vague.

lilcd12
    Participant

just spoke to someone on the helpline who said its 6 weeks from application being submitted so im hoping thats right as my application was submitted 27th march but only been being processed since 20th april

Kel85
    Participant

I was emailing them for ages. But I seen a different number on a Facebook group so I started calling that yesterday feeling very deflated. Anyway turns out my sons passport wasn’t linked to my daughters so they were expecting my birth certificate which they were never going to get because I don’t even have it back from my daughters application which I received weeks ago. Anyway after a super helpful lady sorted it out they called me around 3pm to says it’s done and I could collect today. I now have it. Also if the progress team don’t do there email to the upgrade apparently it will not get looked at so do make sure you speak to progress team first before firing off any emails. Best of luck to everyone

lilcd12
    Participant

How do I speak to the progress team?

londonben85
    Participant

@kel85, what number did you use yesterday and what team managed to sort for you as I have a similar issue! Due to fly Saturday.

Kel85
    Participant

01633745709 I would 100% use this number. The majority of people are more successful than calling the 0300 number. A lot of them callers have actually admitted to me that they know what we know they have no power to transfer you to progress team they just message them saying your name and to call them back. So i assume they are there to take the pressure of the progress and upgrade team. My sons application was in Glasgow but they sent it to the liverpool team to print as that is my local office.

Gemzy
    Participant

@carolmu1992 so my husband went to the office and waited in the Enquiries queue, they took our PEX no and went to check our case. They came back to advise they would liase with Liverpool (where our documents were sent) and came back fairly quickly and said for him to come back for 4.30pm and it would be ready for collection! 👏😊 To say I’m over the moon is an understatement, I highly recommend going to your closest office within 48hrs of travel to hopefully get assistance!
    The upgrade team phoned me and they’re incredibly busy and trying to work through them all. I think it’s worth hanging out until last 2 days, good luck everyone!

wanokuni
    Participant

Sadly it’s not that easy. I work virtually everyday and I do not drive. So it’s expensive to do these sorts of things. I just have to hope they’ll call.

lilcd12
    Participant

Does anyone know if you have to go to the office your passport is being processed at 48 hours before or if you can turn up to your closest office and have it transferred over there and then if you are traveling within 48 hours?

clareil
    Participant

Hi All, I managed to speak to someone today who was super helpful using the advice line: 01633 745709. A million times better than the three times i tried on the 0300 today with refusal to transfer me to anyone. Anyway, thought I’d share what I was told as may be helpful. I appreciate everyone is getting different messages but it seemed to make sense based on my specific case.
    My application was submitted April 4th, with my marriage cert for change of name sent the same day. Application changed to ‘processing’ on the 26th April and has been stuck there ever since. I called on Friday to ‘upgrade’ as I travel on the 3rd June. I was asked to send proof which I did straight away, at the same time I got an automated message back saying ‘upgrade logged you’ll get a call within 48 hours’ I was told my documents are in Durham but I also sent to Glasgow as that is my local office – blind hope more than anything. I have had no call so I called this morning as 48 hours had passed to be told that process changed yesterday and I just had to wait, got this 3 times today so called the 01633 number this afternoon. I was told a few things:
    – The process had indeed changed, due to the sheer volume of upgrades and they were now working by travel date not 48 hours from ‘upgrade’, He said to the best of his knowledge on average, but did stipulate that every office is different, they are working on travel dates of 29th May today, some offices were working faster and some were working slower – with some cases being 48 hours before travel.
    – He said the upgrades team will be in touch, but couldn’t say how far in advance of travel and that you’d be offered a send out of the passport, or to collect from your local office but this could be as close as the day before you travel
    – As my application was logged prior to the 11th April, I would not be charged for the upgrade. This seems to be some sort of cut off – I didn’t ask why.

It may or may not be helpful, but I feel better having actually spoken to a human who managed to somewhat explain the situation to me. Whilst he couldn’t give me exact details, he at least explained how they are working through applications. I know it doesn’t help everyone but having the information and being able to now make a decision about when I have to potentially change travel has made me feel somewhat better.

JodieLianne
    Participant

We fly out Thursday 26th May, so in 2 days. My friend requested an upgrade almost 2 weeks ago. She got an email a week ago confirming the receipt of an upgrade.
    She got a call this morning at 11.30am saying she can pick her passport up at 3.30pm tomorrow at Peterborough but she has to have an interview first as it’s her 1st ever passport. They said she should get another call and an email with teams invite link for her interview, within 4 hours but they can’t guarantee that and it could be in morning. Very helpful :/
    The 4 hours expired almost 2 hours ago and she’s not heard anything yet. So we’re getting closer but still the stress of waiting! 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 946 through 960 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.