New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,336 through 1,350 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    Pavel84@
    Participant

Thanks, @Ellieined:
    I spent weeks and days finding out the process of my application and I’ve been told that someone will contact me from the management team. Hardly but in the end, I had a phone call from the customer management team only yesterday since the beginning of June, and the lady advised me to email the Durham department, she also advised me what exactly to write into the email.
    as I mentioned in a previous message, I haven’t received an acknowledgement that my emails have been received by them, and that worries me
    I will try to get in touch with them again but for sure will not be easy :).

it’s a total disaster at the HMPO, IDK 🤷

Ellieined
    Participant

@Pavel84 I got an acknowledgement 48 hours after I sent my request to the upgrade team (Glasgow Office). I would call them back if you haven’t got anything back within 2 days.

Pavel84@
    Participant

thanks for the info and advice @Ellieined, I calmed down a bit :), I will get in touch with then on Friday if they will not respond to my emails until tomorrow evening.
    Thanks again

Mallorca Bound
    Participant

I’m in the same situation. Been passed to the Upgrade service, had an email “do not contact us, we will meet your date of travel” but nothing since. Due to travel on 20 June but looking bad now.

I plan to visit an office on Saturday (48 hours before flight). Anyone know which office is more likely to see me? Basically London, Portsmouth or Peterborough. No appointment, just plan to turn up and queue. The whole process has been a nightmare and to have the backward change in status today has really got me anxious.

holly1234_
    Participant

@Mallorca Bound we rang the passport office and found out where the documents were, I’d say that’s the best bet. If you went to Peterborough and your documents were at liverpool they’d make you travel there I think.

lindsay11uk
    Participant

@andstillwaiting

Update today.. APPROVED AND SENT TO PRINT both in 1/2 hour, spoke to Newport and asked to collect and she said they will contact me in the next 24 hours but will probably be this afternoon but they didn’t call – then at 8.05pm tonight it says ( Your new passport will be transferred to our delivery supplier in the next few days. When it’s ready for delivery, they will contact you with a tracking reference ) she did say it will sit in a box for a few days until the courier collects, so maybe they will ring in the morning while its just been printed and prob just a standard message on tracking
    Did your come today?

tom_marchantrm
    Participant

Hi all
    Just asking for a bit of advice by people who’ve had success really.
    First applied on the 25th April for my daughters new passport. Got told we could apply for an upgrade on the 6th June as we travel on Monday the 20th. Got told to send relevant documents to Newport then had an email from them saying we’re not dealing with it Liverpool are and they forwarded the documents to them that was last Thursday.
    Rang every day since and just keep getting told to wait. My partner and I are thinking of travelling down tomorrow as they’re closed on Sundays so only leaves us a couple of days to get it sorted. Has anyone been to the office and had success

amylousie22
    Participant

Hi,

Iv had the same problem. I fly 25th and still waiting for the upgrade team. Iv rang everyday and been told to wait however this morning i rang at 8am and demanded to speak to progress team, i had to hol about 30 mins and I actually got through to someone who was helpful. Hes sent it to escalation team now and asked to send proof of flight. So im in the hope they might come back quicker than the upgrade team as iv not heard about them b4 however i sent application 26th march so it has been over 10 weeks. Im hearing if u turn up at the office they turn away untill ur flight is 48hrs b4. Just make sure u turn up at the office dealing with ur passport or u risk being turned away

tom_marchantrm
    Participant

Hi

I think our last solution is to turn up tomorrow and hope they see us. We got passed to the escalation team on Monday and still had no success just keep getting told to wait for a phone call. At our wits end tbh don’t
    Know what else we can do

amylousie22
    Participant

Yes tbh if you fly monday i would fo the same if it gets to Wednesday and nothings happend for me ill be going there on the thursday

eugenia-shi
    Participant

Has anyone been successful in being seen at the passport office and getting their passport 48hours before the flight when the application has been submitted less than 6 weeks ago?

I’ll be only on week five on but we’re flying on Tuesday… the application has “urgent” notes all over it after multiple calls to the management team, if that will help with anything.

flying2holiday
    Participant

Went to passport office this morning where my passport application was at waited about 1hr 30 mins and was seen. Told to come back at 5pm to collect the passport. Flying on monday!!

amylousie22
    Participant

Hi office was this? And what time did you areive

sam
    Participant

UPDATE- So after applying for an upgrade with the Belfast team 2 weeks ago and not hearing nothing from them, I decided to go to my nearest passport office as mu daughter was flying yesterday. So Tuesday I got down there at 7, there was about 30 people already in a que. A women came out at half 8 and said if your not flying within 48 hours you need to come back 48 hours before your flying, she also said if you haven’t been waiting longer than 6 weeks then they can’t help (I don’t know if this is true) she took my details and said either the Belfast team will contact me or she will. 1pm came and I had still heard nothing from either, so I went in and asked, about half hour after that the Belfast team rung me and said they will release the passport to Newport office. At 4pm I had the call to say it was ready to collect. They were so helpful but was sad to see some people waiting and were flying the same day.

flying2holiday
    Participant

@amylouise22 was liverpool passport office and i got there about 10:30 waited 2 mins n was sent straight inside however they was turning a few people away dont know why they was but i was let inside

Viewing 15 posts - 1,336 through 1,350 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.