New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,456 through 1,470 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    brussels83
    Participant

@SBen2210 – could be my typing the number is 0300 105 0850 (apologies i think I put 150) sometimes it connects others it says the call volumes are too high, keep trying and eventually it’ll work, always a long wait on hold though when you do. Or call bang on 8am

SBen2210
    Participant

Thanks – on hold now. I rang the main number again and followed up on the upgrade I requested Saturday as was told yesterday if I hadn’t heard back from them by lunchtime today then I should call back. The person I spoke with today said “you just have to wait, we can’t give a time frame. You may be picked for an upgrade, you may not” 😐 So that’s filled me with zero confidence. Due to fly next Thursday and it’s causing me major anxiety.

SBen2210
    Participant

Spoke to the progress team, and there’s nothing more I or they can do. My application went into examination last Wednesday after submitting it on 24th April and my upgrade request has been received as I travel 7th July but it’s not a guarantee that it will be upgraded. They advised that the 48h callback from the upgrade team is no longer happening due to volume of upgrade requests and they are responding to people based on their travel date so will most likely hear back 2-3 days before my flight. There is a chance it could be approved via the normal process this week but I’m not holding my breath. Was also told that there could be a chance that even if my upgrade is approved 2-3 days before I fly, I may not be given the option to be able to collect it from my local passport office and that it will have to be posted out. So unless they send it out next day delivery, I won’t get it before my flight…

jackthomson687
    Participant

Hi was your application a renewal?
    Thanks

jackthomson687
    Participant

Hi Ben, was your application a renewal ?
    Thanks

SBen2210
    Participant

No, it was a replacement for a lost passport. Still doesn’t excuse the fact that it’s been sitting in a pile waiting to be examined for 8 weeks.

userleft
    Spectator

Child new application
    20th May applied
    3rd June received
    Wife went to Belfast office 27th June and told we had to wait until 1st (6 weeks), then email upgrade team with details of travel on 10th July . However strangely enough an hour later application was approved. Think the staff member typed a lot of information to someone but didn’t give my wife any details or hope.
    29th June printed 🙂

ktd22
    Participant

@passportstress1 worst comes to worst I’ll prob end up having to go to the Belfast office – were the queues bad? Staff ok to deal with? Don’t really want to have to go but if needs must we will have to! 9weeks into application and travel in just under 3, so can only kick off expedite/upgrade next Monday.

AbiHelp
    Participant

Help please, I am panicking. Submitted to replace my son’s lost passport on 25th April. Was in ‘processing’ for ages, tracking now says ‘Identity details received’
    We plan to travel on July 13th, which is in 2 weeks.
    I have emailed the upgrade emails as per this forum but haven’t received any acknowledgment or response.
    Slightly panicking, don’t know what to do next. How do you find out which passport office is processing your application? Nearest office to me is Newport. Should I just turn up early in the morning and hope for the best?
    This is so stressful
    Thanks for any advice

Identity details received
    What happens next

Your referee has provided details to help us confirm your identity. We’re checking these details.

We’ll email you when your application is approved.

Application history

StatusDate
    Identity details received 9:40pm on 25 April 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 2:04pm on 24 April 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 2:00pm on 24 April 2022
    Application submitted 2:00pm on 24 April 2022

SBen2210
    Participant

Finally had a call back from the upgrade team, and I will be able to collect my passport from Peterborough tomorrow between 2pm & 4pm. Upgrade request was sent Saturday and I fly a week tomorrow. Applied for replacement passport on 24th April. Will be able to relax as soon as I have it in my hand!

andytyke76
    Participant

You passport has been printed – does this mean it’s on its way?

brussels83
    Participant

@andytyke76 it does, if you google TNT track my passport enter your PEX it’ll show if its been collected / delivery timings (if your in the UK), ours moved to printed yesterday lunch time and its out for delivery today with TNT

tl1984
    Participant

@sben2210 Did you receive an email acknowledgment for your upgrade request? The reason I ask is that I initially sent an upgrade request to Belfast last Thurs 23rd but got no auto reply. Sent again on Mon 27th and got an auto reply that time. We also fly next Thursday 7th July,Application submitted 26th April.

Catrex
    Participant

I fly on Monday. I’ve submitted an upgrade request, I got an automated email. Is there anything else I can do?? The passport application is at Durham….6 hours away from home.

Catrex
    Participant

I have read lots and the progress team say that they tend to call 48 hours before. If we fly Monday…would that be sat or more likely tomorrow? Any help is really appreciated

Viewing 15 posts - 1,456 through 1,470 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.