Child's renewal

Home Forums COVID-19 Child's renewal

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 195 total)
  • Author
    finn
    Participant

Hi @Yasmine

I saw you had your application approved on the 1st of July, when was your passport printed and have you received it yet?

My application was approved on the 9th of July.

Thanks

mrs_Arslan2
    Participant

I was wondering if anyone could help me.
    My time line is
    Application being processed 11:34am on 2 July 2020
    Documents received 6:39pm on 1 July 2020
    Application received 12:24pm on 22 June 2020
    Identity details received 12:24pm on 22 June 2020
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 12:31pm on 21 June 2020
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 12:19pm on 21 June 2020
    Application submitted 12:19pm on 21 June 2020
    Aftering calling the home office. Contacting my local mp and dm’ing on twitter i finally got a response from twitter with an email address to help esclated my case. My local mp has also messaged me to tell me she has contacted the home office to esclated the passport. We are due to fly out next weekend which we didnt think would happen because of covid.
    I just wanted to know if anyone else had gone through the same process and how long it took for the passport to finally be accepted and posted. This passport is causing me to have sleepless nights and my 4year old daughters whos passport it is is getting really upset that we might not be able to go on her first holiday.

laura123
    Participant

Here is our update. We fly 3 weeks today so I am feeling a little more positive! I know that we have been extremely lucky so far, fingers crossed.
    I emailed with proof of the holiday and so I don’t know if that has helped.

Application history

Application approved 6:12pm on 10 July 2020
    Application being processed 11:01am on 10 July 2020
    Documents received 6:19pm on 8 July 2020
    Application received 10:37am on 6 July 2020
    Identity details received 10:36am on 6 July 2020
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 10:18am on 6 July 2020
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 10:05am on 6 July 2020
    Application submitted 10:05am on 6 July 2020

AndyH
    Participant

@laura123 what email address did you send proof of holiday to?

laura123
    Participant

I sent it to this one. I don’t know if it helped. I got a generic reply saying they couldn’t help – Liverpool@HMPO.gov.uk

niafitnesspt
    Participant

My child passport renewal timeline as follows – I’ve not emailed any MP’s or messaged the passport office in Twitter etc just let the process happen. It did take just over a week for my passport to show as arrived with the passport office despite the Royal Mail tracking showing as delivered the next day after postage (23rd June)

I expect our passport to arrive early next week with the weekend in between.

Seems all in all it will be 3 weeks

Application history
    pages.view.applicationHistory.statuspages.view.applicationHistory.date
    Passport printed and sent 11:34am on 10 July 2020
    Application approved 5:25pm on 8 July 2020
    Application being processed 9:59am on 7 July 2020
    Documents received 6:28pm on 2 July 2020
    Application received 3:49pm on 22 June 2020
    Identity details received 3:49pm on 22 June 2020
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 3:23pm on 22 June 2020
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 3:19pm on 22 June 2020
    Application submitted 3:19pm on 22 June 2020

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by niafitnesspt.
    jamesd1974
    Participant

Emailing complaints does
    Work only if you have proof that holiday was booked pre March as that’s what i has to do before they would escalate it once i did with in 24hrs 2 passports has been approved and sent just waiting on other 2 now

mrs_Arslan2
    Participant

I emailed the escalation team on friday 10th july with proof that the holiday was booked in january 2020. Still waiting to hear something back. Really need this passport by friday 17th july. Starting to really panic now. I have done everything possible now. Entering week 4 since applying.
    Twitter dm ✔️
    Messaged local mp ✔️
    Called home office ✔️
    Emailed escalation team ✔️
    Still awaiting passport for approval

jamesd1974
    Participant

Sorry I ment calling compints does work well for me it has so far as had 2 approved over the week end waiting on other 2 now

laura123
    Participant

Which passport office has it gone to? I would honestly keep tweeting the twitter team, from what I have seen the are really efficient and can get things done quickly.

mrs_Arslan2
    Participant

They took 3days just to reply to me on twitter before. I dont have that much time left to wait for them to reply again. What is the number for the complaints department? Or is it the same number and you have to ask to be transferred through?

mrs_Arslan2
    Participant

The passport has gone to durham

jamesd1974
    Participant

Same number they will give u another number once you speak to the complaints

mrs_Arslan2
    Participant

Literally just got a call from the passport office. They explained that they got my email and can see my travel dates and when the holiday was booked so they are going to fast track printing and have the passport sent out today!!!!!! Sooooo happy!!!! No more stressing!!!!
    Cant believe the passport has finally be approved.
    After calling, dm’ing on twitter, contacting local mp and sending an email my daughters passport has finally be approved after 22days of applying.

laura123
    Participant

Yey, Very happy for you!! I have not seen anyone’s get stuck at approval before. I hope ours is ok as we are due to travel in 19days! Happy holidays 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 195 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.