Child's renewal

Home Forums COVID-19 Child's renewal

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 195 total)
  • Author
    jamesd1974
    Participant

I called complaints Friday and emailed them proof since then 2 were approved Printed and sent Saturday And 1 today just waiting on last one now

lolasmama1
    Participant

Hello everyone
    I just wanted to put up my time line as whilst waiting for my daughters renewal I was on here every day checking other peoples experience. I hope this may help/reassure some of you.
    I applied for my daughters renewal by paper application on 23rd June and used check and send service at my local post office.
    My application went to Glasgow passport office.
    I have at no point throughout application contacted them I’ve just waited.
    I received a text on Saturday 4th July as follows:

Your application has been received. It’s taking longer than usual to process applications because of coronavirus (COVID-19). If you need a passport urgently for compassionate reasons or government business, call the Passport Adviceline https://www.gov.uk/passport-advice-line

This was somewhat reassuring at least I knew my application and old passport had been received and was at some stage in the system.

I received another text today:

You should receive your new passport within a few working days. We’ll send your supporting documents separately.

So although I have not yet received passport I’m confident I will within next few days.

My renewal has been done within 3 weeks which is pretty impressive.

Thank you to Glasgow Passport office.😊

laura123
    Participant

Never been so happy in all my life!

Passport printed and sent 3:07pm on 13 July 2020
    Application approved 6:12pm on 10 July 2020
    Application being processed 11:01am on 10 July 2020
    Documents received 6:19pm on 8 July 2020
    Application received 10:37am on 6 July 2020
    Identity details received 10:36am on 6 July 2020
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 10:18am on 6 July 2020
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 10:05am on 6 July 2020
    Application submitted 10:05am on 6 July 2020

mrs_Arslan2
    Participant

Congratulations @laura123. You actually got your passport approval really quick. Have an amazing holiday

mandlous
    Participant

Hi, can I ask you what the escalation email is? Holiday booked last October and daughter’s renewal stuck 🙁 tia

Ljem
    Participant

Ours was stuck at approval too.

Finally got through to someone with brain engaged today. They escalated the application. Approved within 6 hours. Hopefully tomorrow it will be printed and sent. Good luck to everyone!!

laura123
    Participant

I just sent it to the Liverpool one with proof that we booked last year and kept on at them via twitter.

mel_hi
    Participant

I just wanted to share our timeline which might offer hope to people near the start of the process. My sons child renewal application has been approved and posted 18 days from the electric application submission. Assuming the passport arrives tomorrow, this will be a 19 day turn around. I read somewhere earlier on this forum that at the start of July passport staff who had been working in different divisions were being sent back to the passport office so hopefully this is the case and applications will speed up from now on. Passport was sent to the Peterborough office.

Passport printed and sent- 11:03am on 14 July 2020

Application approved 9:11am on 14 July 2020

Application being processed 11:33am on 13 July 2020

Documents received 7:02pm on 8 July 2020

Application received 2:44pm on 28 June 2020

Identity details received 2:43pm on 28 June 2020

Application submitted 2:15pm on 27 June 2020

Newgirl
    Participant

Hi

I am applying for a child renewal and due to go away next Thursday 24th July but we are stuck at processing as per below! I have DM’d on Twitter and spoken to someone on the phone but everyone keeps saying we can’t guarantee anything. I have emailed the Liverpool office (because this is the only email address I could find on these forums) today with proof that I booked the trip in February, well before Lockdown. Has anyone had any success doing this??? I am proper stressed out now!

FYI – I sent my docs to Durham but the person on the phone said the case had been passed to Peterborough

Application being processed 1:30pm on 7 July 2020
    Documents received 11:52am on 7 July 2020
    Use paper form to confirm identity 4:22pm on 24 June 2020
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 4:21pm on 24 June 2020
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 4:19pm on 24 June 2020
    Application submitted 4:19pm on 24 June 2020

AndyH
    Participant

@newgirl have you got in contact with your MP? I emailed mine on friday and they responded very quickly saying they had been in touch with the Visa and Immigration service with regards to my application and to update them later this week. They noted that it was urgent for me.

We are due to travel on 1 August and submitted our daughters renewal to 1 July, it went to Durham. From what i have found on this forum, there is no logic to applications, it is purely luck as one child renewal (sent to Liverpool) turned round in 1 week.

I have a call back request from the processing team, a helpful guy at the call centre arranged this for me as he couldn’t track everything, it will be within 48 hours apparently – if you haven’t spoke to this team try getting through to them. I’ll update when i hear from them.

Good luck!!

jamesd1974
    Participant

All 4 of mine have now been sent 2 Saturday and 2 today since talking to complaints on Friday

Newgirl
    Participant

What did you say to the complaints department?

jamesd1974
    Participant

They been
    Chasing them and calling me every day with updates even though they all been posted now they said they will call me everyday until there in my hand well impressed with them I am

cesrabbit
    Participant

Hi
    Just to try and reassure applicants, I’ve had a quick turnaround.
    I applied online for my 16 year olds renewal on 25th June. Just had message to say passport has been printed and sent. So 19 days. Not received yet but I expect it within next few days. This was to Durham. Going away in 3 weeks so was delighted by the speed and efficiency of application process.

refinnej
    Participant

Submitting our timeline as I was frantically reading these two weeks ago when it suddenly looked like our holiday was going ahead after all and we realised one of the passports had expired.

Submitted online 2/7/20 18:08
    ID confirmed 2/7/20 18:42
    Old passport sent overnight delivery 3/7/20, received Durham 6/7/20 (Royal Mail signed)
    Old passport received according to HMPO 8/7/20 13:08
    Application and photo approved 9/7/20 19:48
    Passport printed and dispatched 13/7/20
    Passport posted through letterbox 15/7/20

Very quick turnaround. We did not chase and there was no urgent option for travel before September option at the time we submitted, so we just put in a normal application. Every text along the way warned of longer than usual processing times, but we did not experience them. I hope everyone else is as lucky!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 195 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.