Corby Passport Office – timelines?

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Corby Passport Office – timelines?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 127 total)
  • Author
    ribena71
    Participant

This is my current timeline for a child’s passport renewal sent to Corby:

Application being processed 12:04pm on 5 April 2022
    Documents received 3:41pm on 28 March 2022
    Application received 8:53pm on 16 March 2022
    Identity details received 8:53pm on 16 March 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 12:14pm on 14 March 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 12:08pm on 14 March 2022
    Application submitted 12:08pm on 14 March 2022

My sister-in-law did one at least 2 weeks after me, also to Corby, and has already received her child’s passport. Is it worth calling to chase it up or am I likely to just get fobbed off?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by ribena71.

katie42
    Participant

I have sent my children’s passport for renewal on Tuesday 03.05, one went to Hemel Hempstead and received the next day, the other went to Corby and according to my tracker has still not been received. I am curious to find out if anyone else is in this position? RM has said they don’t know where it is and can’t/won’t do anything about this until 19.05, then it will be declared lost. My issue is I can’t get hold of anyone at Corby Passport Office, so do I declare this lost? We are due to Travel in August (were away in April which is why it wasn’t done earlier) or do I edge my bets that they have had it and wait it out as the turnaround for these are almost on our date of travel?

Awalker334455
    Participant

I posted mine recorded delivery 1st class
    Royal mail confirmed delivery and signed for next day, on Thursday 14th – with picture of a “signature”, but Corby did not update as received until following Wed 20th April, so you are still within same timescale as me, but depends which royal mail service you used.

Ronyal
    Participant

@ribena71

I have the same issue I sent 3 off at the same time to this office. 2 out of the 3 came back on the 13th April 3rd one is showing as processing since the 13th April.

I sent a online enquiry form a week ago, have had to reply yet also tried to call the passport helpline today but there was a recorded message saying due to call volumes they weren’t able to take my call and the line disconnected.

We are meant to be flying in 7 weeks time which will be 14 weeks since applying and I’m start to really worry about it now.

jent39
    Participant

I sent mine off on Tuesday 3rd of May, delivered as special delivery at 11.25am wed 4th but still waiting for them to book in my passport as recieved by them, also hoping they haven’t lost it since it was special delivery. Glad I am not the only one wondering when passports will be booked in. I mistakingly didn’t realise my passport was invalid for travel and I’m suppose to be flying on the 17th of June eeeekkkkk

ribena71
    Participant

Where would I find the online enquiry form please? (Not that I’ll hold my breath waiting for a reply!)

France22
    Participant

@ribena71. If you go on passport website there is a section where you can go on web/chat or email if your case is urgent. I’ve emailed 3 times but not had a reply. Worth trying though

hopeful86
    Participant

Hi, the enquiry form is pretty useless I received a reply after my sons passport came back. All they said was we can see you received the passport 🤨. However if you can show that you are flying within 2 weeks then you can email the upgrade team of that office example if your passport has been sent to Liverpool the email liverpoolupgradeteam@hmpo.gov.uk in the header of email make urgent with details of your flight. Please don’t send Mullen emails as it’s clogging the system, there are plenty of success stories on here of people who have done it.

Dan9294
    Participant

Hi, I can’t even submit an enquiry form it keeps kicking me out.
    I applied for a replaced passport as mine was damaged on the 10th April.
    Sent my old one 12th received 13th but not updated by the passport office till 20th as received. And when I track it, it says old passport received and has done for 3weeks now, no other update.
    I must say I am panicking I’m due to fly the 25th June. I know it’s still a few weeks off, but the press are not helping with my worry.

My husband sent his off for renewal 26th April and it’s getting delivered today from the Liverpool office. Why is Corby so slow.
    They don’t seem to be working on first come first serve basis because people are getting them back super quick, while others wait ages.

Unless it is literally the Corby office that is slow or more full. Because the Liverpool one seems to be the one you want your passport to go to.

ks.newton
    Participant

I spoke to someone at Royal Mail this morning who explained that because there are so many passports they gather them up and deliver them in bulk and that it’s likely that the Royal Mail website won’t ever show that it’s been signed for. This was for special delivery, it sounds like others have had better luck with recorded delivery tracking properly.

Dan9294
    Participant

Still no update on mine. It’ll be 5 weeks Sunday since application submitted. Hubby sent his off 26 April. Received it yesterday from the Liverpool one. Took 15 days.

jadelswood
    Participant

Just received my passport so sharing the time it took to get here from submission, in case it helps anyone.

Passport delivered 13:56pm on 12 May 2022
    Passport printed 9:56pm on 10 May 2022
    Application approved 10:25pm on 9 May 2022
    Documents received 12:52pm on 6 May 2022
    Application received 4:46pm on 25 April 2022
    Application submitted 4:46pm on 25 April 2022

Ronyal
    Participant

Why is there so much variation in the time at this office, some seem to get done straight away.
    Sons was done the same day went to the same office and arrived by post on the 14.04.22.
    Daughters is still stuck in processing.

Application history
    StatusDate
    Application being processed 12:39pm on 13 April 2022
    Documents received 12:26pm on 5 April 2022
    Application received 3:55pm on 29 March 2022
    Identity details received 3:55pm on 29 March 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 3:27pm on 29 March 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 6:15pm on 22 March 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 6:08pm on 22 March 2022
    Application submitted 6:08pm on 22 March 2022

1981LOUISE
    Participant

So I sent 3 passports off. All to different locations. Husbands – Bootle, applied on 30/4 received through the post today. Mine – Belfast – applied 30/4 only acknowledged receipt of old passport 10/5, but was signed for on 3/5. My sons – Corby – applied 30/4, old passport should have arrived 3/5, shows still in transit. RM are almost 99.9% sure it’s been delivered but has just not been scanned out of their depot and into the passport office. Not sure how long to wait until I declare it as lost and have to start a lost passport application, and deal with RM and compensation for the extra costs….

jadelswood
    Participant

@Ronyal I believe if after the Documents received stage the passport says it’s in ‘processing’, as opposed to going to straight to ‘approved, it is being dealt with manually and is where most people are experiencing delays.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by jadelswood.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 127 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.